- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
At Newfront, we’re building the modern insurance experience. By relying on our strengths as an industry-leading professional operation and an industry-leading business operations and technology company, we will address and solve these challenges. We are transforming the delivery of risk management, employee experience, insurance, and retirement solutions through our tech-enabled, full-service brokerage.
Driving our ambition is a simple but powerful culture. We’ve created something special; an innovative company with a fulfilling and award-winning culture based on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and the core tenets of Work, Love, and Play.
We believe in empowering people, from our clients to our team members. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, more productive employees, and more successful clients.
SUMMARY: This position provides client service process for clients and prospects in close coordination with the Account Executive or Producer.
The primary role for this position is to assist in the remarking of clients currently insured through AIG, and the placement of their homes, automobile, valuable articles and liability insurance policies. The remarketing will include both Admitted and Non-Admitted carriers.
FROM THE TEAM: Newfront values investing in our people for development and professional growth while living Newfront’s ethos of Work. Love. Play. Our team especially understands the need for flexibility in location and with work/life balance challenges. We have the amazing opportunity to help our clients with unique problem solving opportunities and uncovering, understanding, and designing strategies to help our clients mitigate deep risk. We are a fun, tight knit team who work together in a collaborative space.
- This position is a temporary, hourly, non-exempt and full-time position.
- This position is remote and/or option to work from Newfront’s office in Walnut Creek or San Ramon. #LI-Remote
- This position reports to: Senior Account Executive, Team Lead.
What you’ll be doing
- This position will respond to inquiries and requests for information; invoicing; preparing and/or reviewing and analyzing technical documents to assure accuracy and completeness; inputting and maintaining accuracy and completeness of policy management systems and files; assisting in the development and administration of client service plans, including outlining specifications to market coverage and pricing to carriers; and assisting in development of presentations to clients and prospects
- Maintain carrier information in Personal Lines folders
- Check daily Alerts (AIG, CHUBB, ACE PURE & Cincinnati) for home appraisals, claim updates, late payments and underwriting memos. Document ImageRight with necessary follow-up to Account Executive
- Renewal - Coordinate various deliverables related to the renewal process for successful, timely executions; adhere to personal lines team workflows (task may vary depending on size of account):
- Run expiration reports
- Prepare draft insurance summary
- Assist with remarketing process, as requested by Account Executive
- Prepare policy binders
New Business - Assist Account Executives:
- Gathering underwriting information
- Location approvals
- Based upon guidance from Account Executive obtain quotes
- Assist with preparation of proposal
- Prepare policy binders
Endorsements – Assist Account Executives:
- Submitting endorsements to carriers; add task to Image Right to follow-up for endorsement confirmation
- Confirming endorsement accuracy when download is received, attach copy of endorsement and close out open task in ImageRight
- If endorsement is not issued as requested, let Account Executive know for further instructions
Claims – Assist Account Executive:
Updating AMS360 with status and claim payments
Issuing documents, as requested by Account Executive:
- Automobile identification cards
- Evidence of insurance
- Annual premium summary
- Agency Bill invoicing
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
What you bring to the table
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and be flexible with ever-changing priorities and deadlines.
- Must work well with others in a fast-paced, customer service oriented environment and be responsive to co-workers and colleagues.
- Must work well independently, with minimal supervision and have the ability to take initiative and create solutions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as use of the Internet. Ability to learn and implement other programs quickly and efficiently.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Active participation as a Newfront team member, suggesting improvements in processes and procedures and ways to make the team and organization better.
Education and experience
- 2 to 3 years of Insurance Agency Experience required.
- Personal Insurance experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Certificates, licenses, registration
CA Property and Casualty Insurance License preferred (may be required to obtain within 3 months of start date).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires moderate to long periods of time sitting at a desk, using computer monitor and keyboard, speaking on the phone, etc.
- Requires short to moderate (intermittent) periods of time standing or walking, often to and from meetings that require sitting.
- Requires very occasional lifting of objects (mostly documents, lap top equipment, etc.) that weigh fewer than 20 pounds.
- Newfront is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.