- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Dec. 16, 2021
At Newfront, we’re building the modern insurance experience. By relying on our strengths as an industry-leading professional operation and an industry-leading business operations and technology company, we will address and solve these challenges. We are transforming the delivery of risk management, employee experience, insurance, and retirement solutions through our tech-enabled, full-service brokerage.
Driving our ambition is a simple but powerful culture. We’ve created something special; an innovative company with a fulfilling and award-winning culture based on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and the core tenets of Work, Love, and Play.
We believe in empowering people, from our clients to our team members. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, more productive employees, and more successful clients.
SUMMARY: This position will be responsible for managing the internal service process and relationships for assigned property and casualty client companies.
FROM THE TEAM: We are looking for an ambitious and driven individual. Someone that is hungry to learn, embraces challenges, is eager to grow, and understands how to be a leader. Our M&A Advisory practice is growing and thriving, and we need someone that understands the pace, expectations, and flow of private equity transactions. If you understand those things, you will know that this role isn’t for everyone. Newfront values investing in our people for development and professional growth and we can’t wait to invest in you. We understand the need for flexibility in location and work/life balance challenges. You will see firsthand how we live our ethos of Work. Love. Play.
- This position is a salaried, exempt and full-time position.
- This position may be remote and/or can work from any of Newfront’s office locations. #LI-Remote
- This position reports to: SVP, M&A Advisory Practice Leader.
What you’ll be doing
- Independently manage client relationships and accounts up to $1MM in volume revenue.
- Act as first and primary client point of contact to provide day-to-day service by responding to client questions and requests.
- Develop, analyze, and implement competitive insurance programs, providing various alternatives for client consideration. Prepare market, quote rates for renewals and new business.
- Manage the onboarding process of new clients.
- Manage the marketing process for prospect companies.
- Prepare and review client communications and finalize for delivery.
- Communicate and collaborate with producers, clients and underwriters to obtain information, quote rates, prepare proposals, or service existing accounts.
- Maintain current files and prepare policy renewal questionnaires, recommending coverage enhancements. Review, evaluate, rate and market Commercial Insurance applications and documents for accuracy.
- Compile and organize all client information necessary to process new, renewal, cancellation and endorsements.
- Perform thorough contract reviews for clients.
- Perform database file management and input information. Accurately manage and maintain documents in agency management systems.
- Provide training to Account Coordinators.
- May manage Account Coordinators and Account Assistants.
- May manage and/or train the next level down (i.e. AE may manage and train AMs or ACs.; AM may manage and train ACs)
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
What you bring to the table
- Excellent communication skills: written, public speaking and presentation preparation.
- Excellent telephone etiquette and customer service skills, professionalism and tact.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and its more complex features.
- Ability to be resourceful, take initiative, solve problems and offer solutions.
- Works well with others in a fast paced environment and be responsive to co-workers and colleagues. Ability to train, delegate, provide oversight and give feedback.
- Adaptability and flexibility to address issues and client needs.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to learn and adopt and train use of technology systems and software applications.
- Excellent at multi-tasking and flexibility to manage ever changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to review internal/external deliverables to ensure accuracy.
- Intermediate project planning and management.
- Ability to forge relationships and build trust.
Education and experience
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of brokerage experience.
- Property and Casualty insurance experience required.
Certificates, licenses, registration
Must hold an active insurance license in resident state or obtain within 3 months of hire.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires moderate to long periods of time sitting at a desk, using computer monitor and keyboard, speaking on the phone, etc.
- Requires short to moderate (intermittent) periods of time standing or walking, often to and from meetings that require sitting.
- Requires very occasional lifting of objects (mostly documents, lap top equipment, etc.) that weigh fewer than 20 pounds.
- Requires seasonal travelling to visit clients and prospects.
- Newfront is a team of risk and reward advisors providing industry leading services and resources in insurance, risk management, employee benefits and retirement programs to our clients so they can focus on building success.
- Newfront is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.