- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Dec. 16, 2021
At Newfront, we’re building the modern insurance experience. By relying on our strengths as an industry-leading professional operation and an industry-leading business operations and technology company, we will address and solve these challenges. We are transforming the delivery of risk management, employee experience, insurance, and retirement solutions through our tech-enabled, full-service brokerage.
Driving our ambition is a simple but powerful culture. We’ve created something special; an innovative company with a fulfilling and award-winning culture based on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and the core tenets of Work, Love, and Play.
We believe in empowering people, from our clients to our team members. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, more productive employees, and more successful clients.
SUMMARY: Responsible for expertly managing the internal service process and relationships for assigned property and casualty client companies.
FROM THE TEAM: Come join Newfront’s Commercial Risk Unit! We are a smart, dynamic, and fun-loving group privileged to be working with some of the most innovative companies across the world. We provide risk management guidance to companies across multiple industries, including Cannabis...There’s something new every day! We promote from within whenever possible and are committed to the professional development of our team members, providing time and funding for courses and seminars. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
- This position is a salaried, exempt and full-time position.
- This position is remote and/or option to work from any Newfront office location. #LI-Remote
- This position reports to: Operations Lead.
What you’ll be doing
- Independently manage client relationships and accounts either up to: $1 MM in volume revenue or; of advanced complexity and requirements.
- Perform program comparison and form review, in partnership with Account Executive(s).
- Independently prepare for, manage and conduct strategy renewal meetings with clients.
- Act as primary client point of contact to provide day-to-day service by responding to client questions and requests.
- Develop, analyze, and implement competitive insurance programs, providing various alternatives for client consideration. Prepare market, quote rates for renewals and new business.
- Manage the onboarding process of new clients.
- Manage the marketing process for prospect companies.
- Prepare and review client communications and finalize for delivery.
- Communicate and collaborate with producers, clients and underwriters to obtain information, quote rates, prepare proposals, or service existing accounts.
- Maintain current files and prepare policy renewal questionnaires, recommending coverage enhancements. Review, evaluate, rate and market Commercial Insurance applications and documents for accuracy.
- Compile and organize all client information necessary to process new, renewal, cancellation and endorsements.
- Perform thorough contract reviews for clients.
- Perform database file management and input information. Accurately manage and maintain documents in agency management systems.
- Provide training to Account Coordinators.
- May manage Account Coordinators and Account Assistants.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
What you bring to the table
- Exceptional communication skills: written, public speaking and presentation preparation.
- Exceptional telephone etiquette and customer service skills, diplomacy, professionalism and tact.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and its complex features.
- Ability to be resourceful, take initiative, solve problems, offer solutions and make process improvements.
- Works well with others in a fast paced environment and be responsive to co-workers and colleagues. Ability to train, delegate, provide oversight and give feedback.
- Adaptability and flexibility to address issues and client needs.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to learn and adopt and train use of technology systems and software applications.
- Excellent at multi-tasking and flexibility to manage ever changing priorities and deadlines.
- Intermediate strategic project planning including extended time management.
- Ability to forge relationships and build trust.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8 to 12 years of brokerage experience.
- International Property and Casualty insurance experience required.
Certificates, licenses, registration
CA Property and Casualty Insurance license within 3 months of hire.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires moderate to long periods of time sitting at a desk, using computer monitor and keyboard, speaking on the phone, etc.
- Requires short to moderate (intermittent) periods of time standing or walking, often to and from meetings that require sitting.
- Requires very occasional lifting of objects (mostly documents, lap top equipment, etc.) that weigh fewer than 20 pounds.
- Requires regular driving and seasonal travelling to visit clients and prospects.
- Newfront is a team of risk and reward advisors providing industry leading services and resources in insurance, risk management, employee benefits and retirement programs to our clients so they can focus on building success.
- Newfront is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.