- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Dec. 16, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
From the the Lloyd’s of London coffee shop to the moon landing, every venture relies on insurance. The $1 trillion insurance industry is fundamental to our economy and society, but remains stuck in the stone age. Incumbents rely on antiquated pen-and-paper process and there’s a huge opportunity to transform it through technology. At Newfront, we’re building software to supercharge insurance brokers and help them deliver a delightful experience to clients.
While we’re a technology-driven company, we believe that people and trusted relationships matter. Newfront believes in empowering people rather than “disrupting” them. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
We believe breakout growth creates breakout opportunities and diversity drives innovation.
- SUMMARY: The IT Desktop Support Specialist contributes to the success of the team by providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment.
Attention to detail, critical thinking, being self-motivated, and communicating effectively are paramount to the success of the IT Desktop Support Specialist. This person is on the frontline providing our organization with timely support.
FROM THE TEAM: Thanks to our hardworking Team, Newfront is on the bleeding edge of technology in our industry. Our 100% cloud infrastructure provides exposure to a wide variety of tools for use in building creative employee and client solutions; our clients include some of the biggest names in Silicon Valley.
We are a team of diverse, talented IT professionals who like to work hard and enjoy collaborating in the planning, implementing and launching of these applications in our agile environment. Most of all, we trust each other and value the contributions each of us brings to the team, giving everyone an opportunity to have a direct impact in the decisions we make and the solutions we provide.
To keep up with the rapid changes in technology, we encourage and support continuous learning by investing in professional development for all employees. In addition to professional growth, our team likes to have fun together. With regular offsite team lunches and other team-building activities, we ensure work doesn’t always have to feel like work!
- This position is an hourly, non-exempt and full-time position.
- This position is based out of Newfront’s San Mateo office, with the option to work from home.
- This position reports to: Senior IT Service Operations Manager.
What you’ll be doing
- Includes the following to develop solutions that fit client needs, challenges and goals. Others may be assigned.
- Procure, image, and deploy hardware to users in-office and remotely.
- Assist employees with the installation, configuration and ongoing usability of system hardware and software.
- Offer daily operations and systems support to employees.
- Verify the functionality of hardware and software components.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person and remotely.
- Research questions using available information and resources.
- Follow standard Service Desk procedures.
- Log all Service Desk interactions.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
- Ability to resolve cases that are more complex in nature.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
What you bring to the table
- Must demonstrate professionalism, passion, and ways to use technology for good.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Strong problem analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communications.
- Hands on technical knowledge of relevant technologies including Microsoft Operating systems, Microsoft Office applications and suites.
- A willingness to learn new technologies.
Education and experience
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in an IT setting.
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Experience supporting users in a fast-paced environment.
- Insurance or financial services industries background is a plus.
Certificates, licenses, registration
CompTIA A+ and Network+ certification or complete within 3 months of hire.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires moderate to long periods of time sitting at a desk, using computer monitor and keyboard, speaking on the phone, etc.
- Requires short to moderate (intermittent) periods of time standing or walking, often to and from meetings that require sitting.
- At Newfront, creativity is spelled creativITy since the company depends on creative technology solutions to run and grow our business. Our 100 percent cloud infrastructure offers a variety of solutions to plan, implement, launch and manage. And our employees and clients – who happen to be some of the country’s biggest names–give us myriad opportunities to build innovative tools to help them solve and succeed. We work hard to be on the leading edge of technology in our industry and hope you’ll inspire us to even greater levels of ingenuity.
- Newfront is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.