- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 22, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
A bit about Newfront:
From the Mayflower to the moon landing, every venture relies on insurance. The $1 trillion insurance industry is fundamental to our economy and society, but remains stuck in the stone age. Incumbents rely on antiquated pen-and-paper process and there’s a huge opportunity to transform it through technology. At Newfront, we’re building software to supercharge insurance brokers and help them deliver a delightful experience to clients.
While we’re a technology-driven company, we believe that people and trusted relationships matter. Newfront believes in empowering people rather than “disrupting” them. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
Insurance is a half trillion dollar market that plays a foundational role in our economy and society but is generally slow, archaic, and filled with paperwork. Newfront is building the modern insurance brokerage. We leverage technology to simplify the selling process for brokers and the buying process for clients. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
Newfront scales by hiring brokers who join with their book of business. Through automation and artificial intelligence, we eliminate paperwork and pay brokers a higher split of their commission revenue. We represent a paradigm shift in the industry and career path for tens of thousands of brokers.
Newfront believes in empowering people rather than ‘disrupting’ them. In applying this belief, we’ve taken off like a rocket, seeing exponential growth across all key metrics.
As our first Tech Support Engineer at Newfront, you will provide world class, customer-centric support to our users. You will investigate incoming issues and when appropriate will create tickets for our engineers. You will ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner and will communicate with users every step of the way. You will be a force in delivering and maintaining a world-class product and ensuring it’s reliability.
You will work across our entire engineering organization and will represent the user by participating in stand-up meetings with engineering teams who are actively working on issues you are tending. You will also lean-in and solve minor bugs that arise. Opportunities will exist for you to develop and expand your knowledge of QA practices and help us improve test coverage and our QA practices and CI/CD processes or to grow into a software engineering role.
- This position is open to remote candidates in the Pacific time zone who are available to work roughly 8a to 5p each week day. #LI-Remote
- To learn more about the technology we're building, watch our video Engineering at Newfront
- To learn more about our mission and values, check out our Careers Page or Key Values
- To learn more about our funding, check out this Forbes article
Who we’re looking for:
- You have excellent communication and customer service skills and are able to build the the confidence of our users
- You can translate Engineer speak into something customers can easily understand and visa-versa
- You are able to create actionable bug tickets for engineers
- You are experienced with web applications and have a working knowledge of RESTful APIs, HTTP, etc.
- You are product-focused and put the user’s needs front and center
- You thrive in a collaborative startup environment and prefer ‘done’ to ‘perfect’
- You are rigorous in your approach and are calculated in what you leave to chance
- You love to break things and have a talent for doing so
This role will:
- Understand our products as well or better than anyone
- Provide world class support to our usersHelp users troubleshoot issues and suggest work-around solutions
- Create bug reports for engineers to resolve
- Route issues to the appropriate engineering teams
- Work with senior engineers to reproduce bugs and test bug solutions
- Track and manage all outstanding bugs
- Prioritize bugs and ensure urgent and high priority bugs receive immediate attention
- Solve minor bugs that arise
- 2+ years of tech support and software engineering experience
- Proven ability to provide customer-centric support
We are an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you’re interested in learning more, email our Chief Product Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.