- Lausanne, CH
- Date Posted
- Sep. 16, 2021
- Engineering QA
- Business Applications
Hi, we’re Nexthink. We’re not just the leader in the digital employee experience category, we invented the category. Our solutions combine real-time analytics, automation and employee feedback across all endpoints to help IT teams delight people at work. Our cloud-native platform pinpoints issues and solutions, automates response, and helps companies continuously improve their employees’ experience, making them more productive, efficient, and happy at work. We have millions of endpoints deployed, we’ve surpassed $100M in ARR, and we’ve recently secured $180M in Series D financing for a company valuation of $1.1B, but we’re just getting started. ”
Inside the Nexthink Engineering department, the team you will be joining builds what we call the Collectors: the endpoint agents that run on the system of the millions of employees mentioned above. In a nutshell, Collectors extract meaningful information about what’s going on the OS, interpret it and feed it to our data analytics systems.
- Challenge #1: make the list of information impressive, growing and increasingly difficult to get and crunch
- Challenge #2: keep the smallest footprint possible on each machine
- Challenge #3: all the above, but as cross-platform as possible
As a software engineer in testing in the Data Collection team, you will:
- Participate in the definition of each feature, making sure we always start with a clear set of acceptance criteria that leads to a concise test plan.
- Create tests on top of our test automation framework to validate the above assumptions • Decisively pitch in to improve the strategy for test automation, performance and regression testing.
- Go through all the steps to ensure we ship a quality product for our clients
- Run investigations for the issues that show up (from internal testing or from customer support) to help smooth down the path to fixing them.
Our QA engineers are excited to take on broad and non-conventional approaches, challenging the status-quo. They constantly come up with ideas that they prototype, put in production and supervise their impact. All of this with the very high standards of quality, performance and security that are part of our DNA.
- At least 5 years of experience in QA and test automation.
- Have a very good understanding of OS internals, preferably for both Windows and macOS • Have a very good ability to adapt to both the above OS and development environments - we are one team, and we develop cross-platform.
- Are familiar with the tools of the trade: NUnit, Ansible, RobotFramework, PyTest, and with putting them all together in Jenkins pipelines.
- You feel very comfortable with Python, knowledge of C# is highly valuable.
- Are passionate about continuous integration and delivery.
- Can navigate a complex architecture code - using the tools available and, of course, your very strong attention to details.
- Communicate clearly and concisely in English.
Sounds challenging? Join the team!
We are nearly 700 employees strong in 21 countries across 8 different time zones speaking 60+ languages. We are positive, we get things done, we keep growing, and we are one team, we are Nexthink. We believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusion, and equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational and multilingual, and come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuinely representative workforce that can create solutions and foster innovation for the modern digital employee experience.
At Nexthink, we believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusivity, and equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational and multilingual, and come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuinely representative workforce that can create solutions and foster innovation for the modern digital employee experience.