- Austin, TX
- Date Posted
- Aug. 25, 2021
- Business Applications
Hi, we’re Nexthink. We’re not just the leader in the digital employee experience category, we invented the category. Our solutions combine real-time analytics, automation and employee feedback across all endpoints to help IT teams delight people at work. Our cloud-native platform pinpoints issues and solutions, automates response, and helps companies continuously improve their employees’ experience, making them more productive, efficient, and happy at work. We have millions of endpoints deployed, we’ve surpassed $100M in ARR, and we’ve recently secured $180M in Series D financing for a company valuation of $1.1B, but we’re just getting started.
The Senior Legal Counsel will:
- Draft and negotiate agreements and documentation for sales and revenue transactions, principally enterprise cloud services/SaaS, license and services agreements;
- Partner with the sales teams in closing deals with our customers and partners, with the ability to manage multiple projects under deadline pressure;
- Advise on legal, regulatory and reputational topics across the full range of company transactions, domestic and cross-border, with particular emphasis on licensing, contract, intellectual property, data security and privacy matters;
- Provide counsel related to the development of new software and emerging technology products, including without limitation, cloud offerings, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data sciences;
- Draft, manage and maintain key internal compliance policies and controls;
- Develop documentation and form agreements to adapt to new products, services and changes in commercial relationships or programs;
- Participate in preparing and presenting training materials and sessions;
- Contribute to team on anticipating issues and estimating risks strategically, and identifying proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks;
- Assist with the management of Legal Operations and implementing tools to maximize efficiency of the Legal Team.
- Admitted to the bar and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law in the State of residence;
- Substantial experience in the enterprise SaaS/cloud and software licensing industry (with expertise in various licensing models, products and services); including experience with enterprise transactions, on-premises licensing, SaaS offerings, cloud services, OEM, open source software and software development practices;
- Prior experience with software and cloud reselling and channel models deal structures and documentation is an advantage;
- Experience working closely and effectively with sales teams in deadline-driven environments, and effectively managing quarter-end and year-end responsibilities;
- Excellent understanding of regulatory issues impacting global software company, in particular domestic and international privacy and data protection standards (including handling security questionnaires from customers and negotiating DPAs, as applicable);
- Ability to quickly grasp business objectives, prioritize and organize work autonomously;
- Ability to develop a thorough understanding of company products and services;
- Strong ethical practice and commitment to professional responsibility;
- Experience in implementing tools and solutions to modernize processes and controls within a Legal team or other organization.
- Excellent user of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), experience with SharePoint and Salesforce would be a plus.
We are nearly 700 employees strong in 21 countries across 8 different time zones speaking 60+ languages. We are positive, we get things done, we keep growing, and we are one team, we are Nexthink. We believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusion, and equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational and multilingual, and come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuinely representative workforce that can create solutions and foster innovation for the modern digital employee experience.
At Nexthink, we believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusivity, and equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational and multilingual, and come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuinely representative workforce that can create solutions and foster innovation for the modern digital employee experience.