- Lausanne, CH
- Date Posted
- Aug. 17, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
Nexthink is the global leader in digital employee experience management. Our products allow enterprises to create highly productive digital workplaces for their employees by delivering optimal end-user experiences. Through a unique combination of real-time analytics, automation and employee feedback, Nexthink gives IT teams the insight they need to empower and even delight people at work.
Headquartered in Switzerland with US headquarters in Boston, Nexthink also has offices in France, UK, Germany, Spain and UAE. Our growing team of Nexthinkers is proud to be making the digital work lives of nearly ten million employees across 1,000 customers more productive.
At Nexthink, we believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusivity, and equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational and multilingual, and come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuinely representative workforce that can create solutions and foster innovation for the modern digital employee experience. Join us today!
You’re an experienced software engineer and want to use your knowledge to help us transition to the cloud. Do you feel like you can help us with it? Then continue reading, you are in the right place!
Here at Nexthink, we are looking for a Cloud-native Engineer to join our Data Platform team. At Nexthink you will:
- Play a very important role in developing the next generation of our Data Platform.
- Help us in our journey to become a cloud-only company.
- Design, implement, deliver and validate cloud-native microservices for a high-scalable SaaS platform.
- Work with cloud-native applications using a modern open-source technology stack.
- Participate in all stages of software development and collaborate with different teams.
- Maintain the highest code quality standards and help the team to improve its best practices.
- Work with the agile iterative/incremental mindset.
- Be open-minded to learn new technologies and programming languages when is needed.
- Participate in the test phase, from the unit test to the system integration test.
- Analyze performance bottlenecks and stability issues.
- Document the solutions and architecture according to our standards.
- Ability to drive complex projects with minimal oversight, delivering and refining features iteratively.
- So, are you a skilled cloud-native engineer with a passion for learning new things? Then come to join us!
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software development.
- Experience with micro-services, containers and messaging architectures is a must.
- Strong experience with scalable software architecture: micro-services, APIs (e.g.: REST, GraphQL, gRPC), container deployment (e.g.: Docker, Kubernetes, Istio) and messaging architectures is a must.
- Experience with Kafka, ClickHouse, Micronaut, and New Relic (or similar) highly valued.
- Experience with public cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Azure...), especially with multi-tenant architectures.
- Solid knowledge of core Java (including v8) features such as streams and lambda.
- Knowledge of other programming languages a plus.
- Experience with relational (Postgres) or NoSQL datastores
- Familiar with Jenkins, Git, Gradle, and with configuration management systems like Terraform/ Ansible.
- Experience working in an Agile environment, excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Strong refactoring abilities and test automation - TDD is a plus.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing, successful and innovative company. Nexthink allows you to thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis is on excellence, innovation, openness and collaboration.
At Nexthink, we believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusivity, and equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational and multilingual, and come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuinely representative workforce that can create solutions and foster innovation for the modern digital employee experience.