- Richmond, UK
- Date Posted
- Sep. 7, 2021
We are notonthehighstreet.
We’re home to 5,000 phenomenal small creative businesses that we are proud to call our Partners. But, now more than ever, this community needs our support. So we’re doing all we can to shine a light on these dynamic entrepreneurs, waving the flag for small businesses and generally championing their socks off.
On top of our brilliant Partners, products and customers (not to mention our incredible team who have been busy beavering away from home since March), the last 12 months has seen great progress with our tech platform and customer experience. We are now looking to build on this momentum to drive our business to the next level. And that’s where you come in.
What we need...
We are looking for a Commercial Finance Director to be a key strategic business partner within NOTHS and to support and help drive growth in this highly ambitious e-commerce business. Key stakeholders will include the Marketing & Commercial teams as well as the Exec, where this role will ensure commercial drivers of the business are understood, risks and opportunities identified and teams are making the most efficient use of budgeted spend.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about driving sustainable growth in a Digital and Customer centric business, and can see beyond the numbers to understand the story they tell. This is a truly exciting opportunity to make a difference within a fast-paced and entrepreneurial business in a broad & very influential role, with an opportunity to drive clear improvements in both top- & bottom-line performance.
Reporting into the Chief Financial Officer, you will work closely with the Marketing, Commercial and Product teams, as well as with the Financial Control team. You will also play a critical role in the leadership of the Finance function as a whole, as well the following.
- What you’ll be doing...
- Ensuring the business understands and is actively engaged to optimise both current and future trading performance
- Enabling the business to plan and forecast effectively in the context of the market, customer, competitor and trading environment
- Delivery of timely, accurate and and insightful management information that communicates relevant trends, challenges and opportunities and promotes action
- Maintaining a high level of visibility, with significant influence over both commercial stakeholders and peer group across the business
- Working alongside the marketing team so the business has assurance that we spend marketing effectively with governance over campaigns and initiatives
- Strategically supporting commercial opportunities to drive further revenue for the business through effective modelling and financial planning with a clear point of view on risk / reward
- Leading in the delivery of Budgets, Forecasts and Longer Term strategic planning
- Critical role in the delivery of effective weekly and monthly trading meetings
- Supporting the shaping and delivering of NOTHS’ long-term ambition and Strategic Projects
- Frequently working with the CFO and broader Exec to communicate performance and insight to the Board, and appropriately manage shareholders
- Line management responsibility for two managers and will work closely with Data and Insights and commercial peers
- Ensuring the Commercial Finance team engage and business partner appropriately, seeking to add value to financial planning across the organisation
- Able to create, communicate and deliver against a commercial finance vision, with proven line management skills
- Being part of the wider senior management team in NOTHS - working together to inspire and lead the company, e.g. through sound decision making, ensuring cross functional alignment and cascading information effectively
- Some key skills and experience you’ll need...
- You will be professionally qualified with a recognised accountancy body (CIMA/ACCA] /ACA) and will have experience in a relevant Commercial Finance role
- Have worked in a Digital, Customer and Brand centric business, and fluent in the drivers of performance
- Experience in a high growth company
- Proven success in driving action orientated insight and influencing senior stakeholders and peers
- Intermediate to advanced Excel ability essential
- Demonstrable experience in people management
… and something more about you:
- Highly numerate with a strong attention to detail, with the ability to explain complex financial concepts to non-financial people
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated & intellectually curious; able to ask challenging questions, and see them through to find the answer
- Able to support, challenge and influence effectively across finance and non-finance teams
- Excellent problem solving skills; ability to think on their feet
- Strong commercial awareness & ability to see the “big picture”
- Strong communicator: develops & maintains good working relationships with colleagues, and has credibility with peers & senior managers
- Great people management skills; actively enjoys coaching and developing people
- Enjoys working in fast-paced environment
- Good team player, but also able to work under own guidance as required
It’s important to us that our people are well looked after, which is why we offer everyone BUPA healthcare, life insurance and a pension plan. Because having a break is important for your physical and mental wellbeing, our holiday allowance is 25 days (plus bank holidays) AND your entitlement increases an extra day for every 2 years you spend with us.
The team spirit at NOTHS House is legendary, and while we all miss the in-office massages, hair cuts and the abundance of free fruit, we’ve taken to our virtual world with gusto and bring the team together regularly for online socials!
We endeavour to support our people to make sure work….well, works for them. And the pretty big issue of the recent global pandemic has propelled us into working more flexibly than ever before. With the office closed until further notice (at least until government social distancing advice has changed), we’re using the lessons learnt over this period to evolve our approach to flexible working whilst ensuring we all still get together as one #teamnoths
Diversity and Inclusion
Everyone’s welcome at notonthehighstreet – whoever they are, wherever their background.
We endeavor to support our people to make sure work….well, works for them. And the pretty big issue of the recent global pandemic has propelled us into working more flexibly than ever before. With the office reopening in October (YAY!), we’re using the lessons learnt over this period to evolve our approach to flexible working, and we’ve introduced a 2:3 hybrid working week. So the NOTHS team get to work flexibly for the majority of the week and visit beautiful Richmond once or twice a week to ensure we all still get together as one #teamnoths. Plus, as of 2022 we’ll begin trialing fully remote months in January (to avoid the snow) and August (to enjoy the sun).
Apply to join #teamnoths
We’d love to hear more about you, your experience and why you’d like to join our team.
For now, our recruitment and induction processes are fully remote, taking advantage of the wonders of modern-day technology. If you are successful in your initial application we’ll explain more about next steps, as this can vary slightly from role to role. Good luck!