- Richmond, UK
- Date Posted
- Nov. 11, 2021
We are notonthehighstreet.
We’re home to 5,000 phenomenal small creative businesses that we are proud to call our Partners. But, now more than ever, this community needs our support. So we’re doing all we can to shine a light on these dynamic entrepreneurs, waving the flag for small businesses and generally championing their socks off.
On top of our brilliant Partners, products and customers (not to mention our incredible team who have been busy beavering away from home since March), the last 12 months has seen great progress with our tech platform and customer experience. We are now looking to build on this momentum to drive our business to the next level. And that’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a People Operations Advisor to join our team to create thoughtful people processes and systems, ensuring we make it easy for everyone at NOTHS to get things done!
At NOTHS, we believe in treating our people as individuals - not with a one-size-fits-all approach - and also like adults (after all, who wants a HR mum or dad at work?!). This role will play a pivotal part in embedding this philosophy into all of our People Ops processes, making a real difference to our culture, engagement and development of our people.
This is a true generalist role combining both operational and advisory support, and will require you to spin many plates and ‘think’ as well as ‘do’.
What you’ll be doing…
- Lead on the implementation of our People Ops processes and policies ensuring operational excellence. This includes (but is not limited to) payroll, benefits renewals, NOTHS feedback cycles, onboarding, farewells, salary reviews and IR35.
- Responsible for mentoring and supporting our People Apprentice to ensure seamless execution on all people-related administration and maintenance of our HRIS and people systems.
- Coach people managers and Team NOTHS on best practices and be the go to person for all ER issues, always knowing when to escalate where appropriate.
- Lead on our people reporting and analytics, generating insights for the People team and NOTHS.
- Support with the design and implementation of our people experiences across the full people lifecycle. Continuously looking for ways to improve and streamline our processes and systems, keeping our culture and values at the heart of everything we do.
- Develop and lead on our engagement and pulse survey cycle working closely with the business to drive meaningful change.
- Act as a true champion for D&I at NOTHS, including by supporting our NOTHS Diversity Networks.
- End-to-end project management of the automation and consolidation of our people systems and onboarding process.
- Support with the facilitation of internal trainings and our management development programme (Being the Best Boss)
- Some key skills and experience you’ll need...
- Experience of working as a HR generalist at advisory level, in a fast paced, high growth or progressive environment.
- Solid understanding of people processes and systems, always looking for ways to optimise both.
- The ability to build strong relationships with others, both in real life and remotely.
- You know how to manage and organise your own workload, competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Strong execution skills and attention to detail.
- A data whizz. Seeking out data and insights on people trends that enable us to make great decisions.
- A growth mindset. You learn quickly and love to develop others
- On top of the current HR world - including innovative trends, as well as the basics (e.g. employment law, GDPR).
- Solid employee relations experience. You don’t shy away from handling difficult situations.
- A creative thinker. You’ll love coming up with new ideas on how we can be better!
It’s important to us that our people are well looked after, which is why we offer everyone BUPA healthcare, life insurance and a pension plan. Because having a break is important for your physical and mental wellbeing, our holiday allowance is 25 days (plus bank holidays) AND your entitlement increases an extra day for every 2 years you spend with us.
The team spirit at NOTHS House is legendary, and while we all miss the in-office massages, hair cuts and the abundance of free fruit, we’ve taken to our virtual world with gusto and bring the team together regularly for online socials!
We endeavour to support our people to make sure work….well, works for them. And the pretty big issue of the recent global pandemic has propelled us into working more flexibly than ever before. With the office closed until further notice (at least until government social distancing advice has changed), we’re using the lessons learnt over this period to evolve our approach to flexible working whilst ensuring we all still get together as one #teamnoths
Diversity and Inclusion
Everyone’s welcome at notonthehighstreet – whoever they are, wherever their background.
We endeavor to support our people to make sure work….well, works for them. And the pretty big issue of the recent global pandemic has propelled us into working more flexibly than ever before. With the office reopening in October (YAY!), we’re using the lessons learnt over this period to evolve our approach to flexible working, and we’ve introduced a 2:3 hybrid working week. So the NOTHS team get to work flexibly for the majority of the week and visit beautiful Richmond once or twice a week to ensure we all still get together as one #teamnoths. Plus, as of 2022 we’ll begin trialing fully remote months in January (to avoid the snow) and August (to enjoy the sun).
Apply to join #teamnoths
We’d love to hear more about you, your experience and why you’d like to join our team.
For now, our recruitment and induction processes are fully remote, taking advantage of the wonders of modern-day technology. If you are successful in your initial application we’ll explain more about next steps, as this can vary slightly from role to role. Good luck!