- Richmond, UK
- Date Posted
- Jun. 30, 2021
We are notonthehighstreet.
We’re home to 5,000 phenomenal small creative businesses that we are proud to call our Partners. But, now more than ever, this community needs our support. So we’re doing all we can to shine a light on these dynamic entrepreneurs, waving the flag for small businesses and generally championing their socks off.
On top of our brilliant Partners, products and customers (not to mention our incredible team who have been busy beavering away from home since March), the last 12 months has seen great progress with our tech platform and customer experience. We are now looking to build on this momentum to drive our business to the next level. And that’s where you come in.
What we need
As Agile Delivery Manager, you will join one of our technology streams delivering a new set of micro-services and front end for our customers, partners and internal users.
Supporting the team
We want passionate, empowered, self-organising teams. A good delivery manager will be supporting and facilitating improvement in these areas. It’s up to the delivery manager to decide how they want to do that but driving improvement through retrospectives and coaching the team on Agile principles will be essential. Sometimes that might be protecting and shielding the team from noise, sometimes it will be fostering more communication with our business partners to improve visibility.
Supporting the people
Supporting the personal growth of the individuals in the team is really important for us at notonthehighstreet. Having a delivery manager who can coach and mentor individuals and support their personal development is vital. Whilst you won’t be the line manager for the engineers it doesn’t mean you can’t help to coach and develop them and help us to hire talented people.
Supporting software delivery and operations
It’s the delivery manager’s job to help the team build and operate a world-class software platform. This could mean unblocking the team or championing best practice like pairing or Test Driven Development. The delivery manager will be responsible for making sure the team have given non-functional requirements like load testing and application security the attention they deserve. They will also be working alongside a product manager to ensure we release business value in a frequent but sustainable way.
Some key skills and experience you’ll need
- Strong experience leading in an Agile environment
- Strong experience managing delivery of commercial initiatives across multiple engineering teams
- Ability to build good relationships with Product Managers and work closely with Technical experts
- Ability to produce comprehensive delivery roadmap
- Experience leading or supporting multiple engineering teams (ideally in an e-commerce/marketplace environment)
- Experience supporting the technical development of people (ideally a multidisciplinary team)
- Understanding of software delivery best practice
- Someone who knows what best practice looks like and proactively works towards it
- The ability to influence outside of your team
- Experience discussing complex technical issues with non-technical people
- Someone who stays up to date with what is happening in the technology industry
- A deep understanding and passion for Agile
- A deep understanding and passion for building high functioning teams
- Ability to exemplify positive customer service behaviours and promote a culture focused on ensuring customer needs are met
- A clear operational awareness and ability to balance the need for new features with the need to maintain and support the existing systems
It’s important to us that our people are well looked after, which is why we offer everyone BUPA healthcare, life insurance and a pension plan. Because having a break is important for your physical and mental wellbeing, our holiday allowance is 25 days (plus bank holidays) AND your entitlement increases an extra day for every 2 years you spend with us.
The team spirit at NOTHS House is legendary, and while we all miss the in-office massages, hair cuts and the abundance of free fruit, we’ve taken to our virtual world with gusto and bring the team together regularly for online socials!
We endeavor to support our people to make sure work….well, works for them. And the pretty big issue of the recent global pandemic has propelled us into working more flexibly than ever before. With the office reopening in September (YAY!), we’re using the lessons learnt over this period to evolve our approach to flexible working, and we’ve introduced a hybrid working week. So the NOTHS team get to work flexibly for the majority of the week and visit beautiful Richmond once or twice a week to ensure we all still get together as one #teamnoths. Plus, as of 2022 we’ll begin trialing fully remote months in January (to avoid the snow) and August (to enjoy the sun).
Diversity and Inclusion
Everyone’s welcome at notonthehighstreet – whoever they are, wherever their background.
As part of your application you’ll be asked to complete a demographic survey to help us learn more about who wants to work with us. It’s completely optional (but really appreciated) and it’s 100% anonymous. We’ll only use the information to help us figure out how to make our team even more inclusive and attract more brilliant people to join us, with the help of our cross-team Diversity Champions to drive progress.
Apply to join #teamnoths
We’d love to hear more about you, your experience and why you’d like to join our team.
For now, our recruitment and induction processes are fully remote, taking advantage of the wonders of modern-day technology. If you are successful in your initial application we’ll explain more about next steps, as this can vary slightly from role to role. Good luck!