- United Kingdom
- Richmond, UK
- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
- Product Management
We are notonthehighstreet.
We’re home to 5,000 phenomenal small creative businesses that we are proud to call our Partners. But, now more than ever, this community needs our support. So we’re doing all we can to shine a light on these dynamic entrepreneurs, waving the flag for small businesses and generally championing their socks off.
On top of our brilliant Partners, products and customers (not to mention our incredible team who have been busy beavering away from home since March), the last 12 months has seen great progress with our tech platform and customer experience. We are now looking to build on this momentum to drive our business to the next level. And that’s where you come in.
Who we are looking for in a nutshell...
Reporting to the CMO, the Customer & Growth Director is a leadership role tasked with ensuring the marketing organisation has the right processes and team in place to spearhead the overall growth of the business. It is responsible for developing our capabilities to understand, acquire and retain our relationship with notonthehighstreet’s customers.
The Customer & Growth Director will be responsible for leading the Acquisition, Customer and PR & Comms teams as well as ensure that the team is set up to work cross functionally with other departments – particularly Brand, Data, Product and Commercial to drive forward the business strategy.
You will be a data-driven, customer-centric leader with the ability and expertise to turn insights into a customer strategy and lead the delivery of this through your team.
- Please note - this role would cover a maternity leave, starting ASAP
- Some of the things you’ll be doing...
- Lead on NOTHS customer and growth strategy, acting as a lead for our customer acquisition and retention efforts
- Develop and implement a digital first marketing plan which delivers on new customer acquisition growth, reactivate lapsed customers and maximise efficiency from our active base, via PPC, Paid Social, Affiliates, Display, SEO and Email
- Lead on the business comms plan across both corporate and consumer channels, this would also include our partner base of small UK creative businesses
- Hold responsibility for direct marketing spend and social amplification, maximising the use of analytics to increase ROI and top of the funnel awareness and consideration
- Oversee website merchandising to ensure best in-class online shopping experience on all devices aimed at improved conversion
- Work in partnership with Brand, Data, Product and Commercial teams to drive forward the business strategy
- Oversee the day to day management of the Acquisition, Customer and PR & Comms teams
- Promote an agile, collaborative way of working cross-functionally, able to positively influence in order to drive performance and improve success of cross-functional collaboration
- Oversee exploration of new channels and opportunities to ensure the marketing organization remains best in class
- Promote a Test and Learn mindset across your team and the wider business
- Support strategy and evolution of measurements to better understand customer performance
- Take accountability for accurately and regularly forecasting marketing spend and ROI against budgets, working in close collaboration with finance functions
- Some key skills and experience you’ll need
- Prior leadership experience in marketing at scale for a leading consumer internet business (Retail preferred)
- Proven ability to drive performance marketing ROI leveraging superior digital and performance marketing and technology capabilities
- Experience in driving mobile and app marketing strategy and rollout activities
- Proven track record of hiring and managing top performing analysts and digital marketers
- Experience with business analysis and visualisation tools such as Looker or Tableau
- Solid understanding of databases, data retrieval and single customer view
- Prior ownership of performance marketing reports and forecasting
- Experience in developing data strategies to improve processes and prioritisation across the organisation
- Deeply analytical with the abilities to model, interpret and predict performance through leveraging sophisticated analytical marketing tools
- Proven track record of great collaboration work with Product and Brand teams
- Personable, pro-active and supportive in nature, with a distinct agile leadership approach
It’s important to us that our people are well looked after, which is why we offer everyone BUPA healthcare, life insurance and a pension plan. Because having a break is important for your physical and mental wellbeing, our holiday allowance is 25 days (plus bank holidays) AND your entitlement increases an extra day for every 2 years you spend with us.
The team spirit at NOTHS House is legendary, and while we all miss the in-office massages, hair cuts and the abundance of free fruit, we’ve taken to our virtual world with gusto and bring the team together regularly for online socials!
We endeavour to support our people to make sure work….well, works for them. And the pretty big issue of the recent global pandemic has propelled us into working more flexibly than ever before. With the office closed until further notice (at least until government social distancing advice has changed), we’re using the lessons learnt over this period to evolve our approach to flexible working whilst ensuring we all still get together as one #teamnoths
Diversity and Inclusion
Everyone’s welcome at notonthehighstreet – whoever they are, wherever their background.
As part of your application you’ll be asked to complete a demographic survey to help us learn more about who wants to work with us. It’s completely optional (but really appreciated) and it’s 100% anonymous. We’ll only use the information to help us figure out how to make our team even more inclusive and attract more brilliant people to join us, with the help of our cross-team Diversity Champions to drive progress.
Apply to join #teamnoths
We’d love to hear more about you, your experience and why you’d like to join our team.
For now, our recruitment and induction processes are fully remote, taking advantage of the wonders of modern-day technology. If you are successful in your initial application we’ll explain more about next steps, as this can vary slightly from role to role. Good luck!