- Richmond, UK
- Date Posted
- Sep. 29, 2021
- Product Management
We are notonthehighstreet.
We’re home to 5,000 phenomenal small creative businesses that we are proud to call our Partners. But, now more than ever, this community needs our support. So we’re doing all we can to shine a light on these dynamic entrepreneurs, waving the flag for small businesses and generally championing their socks off.
On top of our brilliant Partners, products and customers (not to mention our incredible team who have been busy beavering away from home since March 2020), the last 12 months has seen great progress with our tech platform and customer experience. We are now looking to build on this momentum to drive our business to the next level. And that’s where you come in.
Reporting to the Head of Copy, you’ll help evolve and articulate our tone of voice, and will execute it flawlessly across a wide range of media. You’ll work with other members of the creative team to develop original concepts and ideas, and you’ll be an expert at creating interesting story angles to support key marketing and advertising strategies. You’ll have great coaching skills, be able to help your direct report grow and develop, and mentor staff in other departments to align how we speak as a business.
Day-to-day, you’ll be responsible for ensuring a high standard of written English in all copy produced for notonthehighstreet. You’ll be a champion for creativity, working with other teams and stakeholders to create clear, thoughtful and relevant copy for campaigns, emails, social content, Partner communications, SEO and other ad hoc marketing material.
The Type of Person We’re Looking For
A true creative writer and thinker, you have the ability to bring brilliant, original, conceptual ideas to everything you work on – from startlingly insightful integrated campaigns, to engaging articles or witty emails, to stop-people-in-their-tracks headlines or even just some cleverly written SEO.
You have a diverse portfolio of work (without a cliché in sight), excellent attention to detail (flawless spelling, grammar, proofreading etc), and the innate ability to thrive under pressure. This is a hugely multi-faceted role in a fast-growing, ever-changing business, with quick turnaround times and lots of unexpected challenges.
We’re looking for someone with impeccable long and short copy skills, someone who enjoys pushing the boundaries, having fun with language, and writing with wry observational humour and real insight. Our TOV is all about being thoughtful and putting customers first (as is our brand), and we need a senior copywriter who can ensure absolute consistency across all the channels, using clear ideas, concise sentences and active, powerful language.
- Please note - this is a 12-month fixed-term contract, covering a maternity leave
- Some key skills and experience you’ll need
- Proven conceptual copywriting and editorial experience, ideally gained in a multi-channel environment, across print and digital content
- Strong storytelling skills and the ability to understand and adapt messaging for different channels, campaigns and customer personas
- A natural talent and passion for writing original, insightful, search engine-friendly copy that gets results, along with excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Strong commercial awareness and understanding of how people consume digital content, adapting and tailoring copy to engage with this fast-paced media consumption
- A clear ability to think strategically about a brief, translating it into impactful, creative copy that’s consistent with our brand tone of voice
- A proven problem solver, you’re solutions-orientated and can identify potential issues early, while always looking for ways to evolve and improve
- Ability to articulate ideas, and write them up clearly and concisely in engaging presentations when necessary – and being confident in presenting them to stakeholders
- Brilliant people management and leadership skills, with proven ability to develop, inspire and mentor more junior team members and build relationships across the business
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to juggle multiple deadlines in a high-pressure environment (with unwaveringly high standards)
It’s important to us that our people are well looked after, which is why we offer everyone BUPA healthcare, life insurance and a pension plan. Because having a break is important for your physical and mental wellbeing, our holiday allowance is 25 days (plus bank holidays) AND your entitlement increases an extra day for every 2 years you spend with us.
The team spirit at NOTHS House is legendary, and while we all miss the in-office massages, hair cuts and the abundance of free fruit, we’ve taken to our virtual world with gusto and bring the team together regularly for online socials!
We endeavor to support our people to make sure work….well, works for them. And the pretty big issue of the recent global pandemic has propelled us into working more flexibly than ever before. With the office reopening in October (YAY!), we’re using the lessons learnt over this period to evolve our approach to flexible working, and we’ve introduced a hybrid working week. So the NOTHS team get to work flexibly for the majority of the week and visit beautiful Richmond once or twice a week to ensure we all still get together as one #teamnoths. Plus, as of 2022 we’ll begin trialing fully remote months in January (to avoid the snow) and August (to enjoy the sun).
Diversity and Inclusion
Everyone’s welcome at notonthehighstreet – whoever they are, wherever their background.
As part of your application you’ll be asked to complete a demographic survey to help us learn more about who wants to work with us. It’s completely optional (but really appreciated) and it’s 100% anonymous. We’ll only use the information to help us figure out how to make our team even more inclusive and attract more brilliant people to join us, with the help of our cross-team Diversity Champions to drive progress.
Apply to join #teamnoths
We’d love to hear more about you, your experience (a portfolio would be much appreciated!) and why you’d like to join our team.
For now, our recruitment and induction processes are fully remote, taking advantage of the wonders of modern-day technology. If you are successful in your initial application we’ll explain more about next steps, as this can vary slightly from role to role. Good luck!