- Richmond, UK
- Date Posted
- Sep. 16, 2021
- Professional Services
We are notonthehighstreet.
We’re home to 5,000 phenomenal small creative businesses that we are proud to call our Partners. But, now more than ever, this community needs our support. So we’re doing all we can to shine a light on these dynamic entrepreneurs, waving the flag for small businesses and generally championing their socks off.
On top of our brilliant Partners, products and customers (not to mention our incredible team who have been busy beavering away from home since March 2020), the last 12 months has seen great progress with our tech platform and customer experience. We are now looking to build on this momentum to drive our business to the next level. And that’s where you come in.
As a Style Curator, you will be responsible for supporting the strategic product vision for notonthehighstreet across self purchase and gifting Jewellery and Style. You will inspire and work closely with our partner community of small creative businesses to deliver against the vision to build an authoritative range of products for your category that are ahead of the market, that our customers love and are identifiably notonthehighstreet.
You will demonstrate passion for products and the small business environment - understanding the opportunities and challenges that this presents and be the go-to for all product information, the key trends, competitor activity and future product opportunities relating to your category. Ultimately, you will maximise sales, revenue and brand health metrics for your category through the products and ranges you develop with our Partners; demonstrating a strong understanding of the category vision and a strategic approach to range building by always being ahead of the curve and understanding our customer mindset. You will instinctively be able to spot high potential and the next best sellers; supporting your instinct and excellent visual eye with category insight and trends data.
Please note - this would be a maternity cover for a period of 12 months, starting in October
What you’ll be doing:
- Deliver an authoritative range of quality, unique, thoughtful and innovative products that support our customers core shopping missions by working in partnership with our community of small creative businesses.
- Identify ambitious opportunities for product growth within your category, in line with the company strategic objectives and implement plans to deliver against these. Success will be measured by individual and team targets relating to sales, revenue, category consideration, brand health scores and our product Net Promoter Score.
- You will work with our community of small creative businesses to build an authoritative and complete range for your category by building close relationships, holding product briefings, building product development materials to demonstrate opportunities and guiding their product development.
- You will work to select ranges of products for your categories to be considered for inclusion in key marketing activity including CRM, Social Media, Site and ATL opportunities as well as ranges to drive revenue during key campaign times. Your selections will take into account the channel brief, customer insight, visual aesthetic and financial targets in order to maximise product performance.
- You will work collaboratively with our in-house Inspiration and New Business teams to communicate identified range gaps to support your category and influence sourcing or support development to fill these.
- Support the Senior Curator to forecast robust and accurate targets for your Category from a range perspective.
- Support the Creative team with photography shoots to ensure accurate representation of your product ranges to maximise sales and desirability.
- Drive awareness of the product offering throughout the business, working closely with E-Commerce, Merchandising, Marketing and PR functions.
- Support the Senior Curator on wider business projects that will ensure NOTHS are future proofing the businesses development.
- Some key skills and experience you’ll need
- Proven experience of range building within your category across Jewellery and Style.
- An excellent product eye to support your commercial acumen and instincts.
- A strong understanding of product range architecture and customer mindset in an e-commerce environment.
- A good understanding of product trends, social influencers, customer profiling and the lifecycle of a product.
- Creative with an impeccable eye for unique and high quality products to support range building.
- Experience of, or a strong desire to work with a community of small creative businesses.
- Highly responsive with the ability to multi-task and adapt to a fast trading environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written, verbal and visual) with the ability to influence.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and a passion for our products, partners and brand.
- The role would suit someone who is currently a Buyer/Senior AB, Merch/Senior AM (in a product focused role) or Category Manager.
It’s important to us that our people are well looked after, which is why we offer everyone BUPA healthcare, life insurance and a pension plan. Because having a break is important for your physical and mental wellbeing, our holiday allowance is 25 days (plus bank holidays) AND your entitlement increases an extra day for every 2 years you spend with us.
The team spirit at NOTHS House is legendary, and while we all miss the in-office massages, hair cuts and the abundance of free fruit, we’ve taken to our virtual world with gusto and bring the team together regularly for online socials!
We endeavor to support our people to make sure work….well, works for them. And the pretty big issue of the recent global pandemic has propelled us into working more flexibly than ever before. With the office reopening in October (YAY!), we’re using the lessons learnt over this period to evolve our approach to flexible working, and we’ve introduced a hybrid working week. So the NOTHS team get to work flexibly for the majority of the week and visit beautiful Richmond once or twice a week to ensure we all still get together as one #teamnoths. Plus, as of 2022 we’ll begin trialing fully remote months in January (to avoid the snow) and August (to enjoy the sun).
Diversity and Inclusion
Everyone’s welcome at notonthehighstreet – whoever they are, wherever their background.
As part of your application you’ll be asked to complete a demographic survey to help us learn more about who wants to work with us. It’s completely optional (but really appreciated) and it’s 100% anonymous. We’ll only use the information to help us figure out how to make our team even more inclusive and attract more brilliant people to join us, with the help of our cross-team Diversity Champions to drive progress.
Apply to join #teamnoths
We’d love to hear more about you, your experience (a portfolio would be much appreciated!) and why you’d like to join our team.
For now, our recruitment and induction processes are fully remote, taking advantage of the wonders of modern-day technology. If you are successful in your initial application we’ll explain more about next steps, as this can vary slightly from role to role. Good luck!