- New York
- Date Posted
- Aug. 31, 2021
- Business Applications
Notion is excited to resume work as an in-person company across our 4 global offices (San Francisco, New York, Dublin, Tokyo) once it is safe to do so. Notion believes that creative magic happens when we’re collaborating in-person. We also believe that being in the same physical space is the key to building a lasting culture. We’re looking for a New York based Office Manager who shares our vision, and is excited to build warm and inspiring offices. The right leader will report to our Head of Environment, loves to create delightful experiences for employees, possess a ‘no-job-is-too-small’ attitude, and has a creative sparkle.
What You’ll Achieve:
- Ensure the office feels like home. You’ll work with external and internal partners to ensure that Notion employees work in delightful surroundings, encounter a friendly and professional service daily, have the best resources available to do their jobs, have awesome SWAG, food/beverage, and everything else necessary to create an awesome environment.
- Manage the day-to-day running of operations in the office ensuring services are provided in an efficient manner. Including but not limited to reception, deliveries, furniture, space planning, decor, kitchen stock, waste management, repairs & maintenance and office supplies, etc.
- Negotiate and manage relationships, budgets, POs and contracts with landlord and facilities vendors including cleaning services, maintenance contractors, food/beverage etc.
- Community Building:
- Plan word-class events for employees to ensure Notino’s build meaningful relationships, including office and company wide celebrations, marking cultural traditions and supporting affinity group initiatives. Be a cultural role model for other Notinos!
- Work closely as part of a global environment team to maintain a consistent Notion feel and culture across our growing global offices.
- Build Notion’s food program service, and ensure that we continue to support locally owned businesses as we scale
- Manage access & badging and ensure we remain compliant with workplace safety expectations.
- Work closely with our Legal team to assess risks and make informed decisions about Employee Health & Safety.
Skills and Toolset You’ll Need to Bring:
- 2+ years of Office Management experience
- Vendor Relations: Full-cycle management of vendor relationships; RFP thru off-boarding
- Innovative: Creative spark, don’t settle for what’s been done before. A self starter, always coming up with innovative ideas to surprise & delight employees
- EQ: Love connecting with employees, and have proven ability to build relationships and bring warmth to all levels of the organization
- Flexibility: Ability to wear many different hats (and switch them regularly!)
- Travel: Willingness/ability to travel to work with global team and support global workplace needs
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.