- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Dec. 7, 2021
- Business Development
- Business Applications
About The Role
We’re looking for a seasoned Corporate Development leader who will focus on the development of our company strategy, strategic opportunities, and M&A. In this role, you’ll have an opportunity to partner closely with our executive team to assess and develop Notions strategy to help direct Notions growth. You’ll have an opportunity to drive impact on day one as this is our first dedicated Corp Dev hire!
What You’ll Achieve:
- Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A): Be proficient in M&A and other strategic deals, including sourcing, evaluation, negotiation, execution, and integration.
- Set and establish M&A priorities across product and engineering teams. Facilitate and drive sound M&A-related decision-making, including building consensus and driving decisions at the most senior levels.
- Present at meetings with confidence and negotiate M&A deals with composure, objectivity, balancing diplomacy with the ability to drive to outcomes that are in Notion’s best interests.
- Be a trusted advisor: Develop and maintain strong relationships within the technology community, including VCs, entrepreneurs, bankers, etc.
- Advise our internal leadership team on the vision, strategy, and development. Contribute to processes, tools, best practices, and training.
- Build and lead the function: As the first dedicated hire, you’ll drive a lot of hands-on impact and scale the team as required.
Skills and Toolset You’ll Need to Bring:
- 10-15+ years of experience in investment banking, corporate development, venture capital, and/or private equity in the technology industry.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and valuation skills.
- Strong strategic thinker and passion for learning about new companies and technologies.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills to work well with a diverse set of people (eg. external CEOs, networking events, C-suite, Engineering/Product, Operations).
- Strong execution mindset - we’re moving fast and there is a lot to do every day. You don’t mind getting scrappy!
- Experience with fast-paced change management, ideally at a high-growth company.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation made due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.