- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 22, 2021
- Data Science
- Business Applications
About The Role:
Do you want to help define what data means at Notion? As one of our first Data Scientists, you’ll be instrumental in setting what our data strategy looks like as we grow the business, and then doing the hands on work to execute against it. There will be significant variation from one day to the next, but whether you’re exploring what a successful Notion account looks like, building out a core activity data set, or creating a model to identify high potential accounts, you’ll absolutely be having impact on the direction of the business.
What You’ll Achieve:
- You’ll partner with one or more go-to-market teams, driving forward all data science and analytics work in their functional areas.
- You’ll design and enact the process for using statistical inference to evaluate the success of changes, such as marketing campaigns or scaled customer support initiatives.
- You’ll build models that are core to the operation of the business, such as finding lifetime value for key customer segments or identifying high-value accounts for more hands-on support.
- You’ll build and maintain KPI dashboards that teams rely on for making key decisions.
- You’ll communicate your findings with the rest of the company, and drive and verify change in our product and business. (Insights are useful. Impact is even better!)
Skills You’ll Need to Bring:
- You’ve spent meaningful time as a data scientist partnering with marketing, customer support, or sales functions.
- You are a SQL expert. You have no problem regularly leveraging window functions, UDFs, self-joins, and other complex SQL functions to accomplish your data analysis goals.
- You have expertise in at least one scripting language (ideally Python or R).
- You know how to use statistical inference to drive product and business recommendations.
- You have experience building predictive models, and you know how to evaluate their effectiveness.
- You’re comfortable transforming raw data to build your own data sets if the measure you need doesn’t exist yet.
- You have a bias for using the right tools to get a job done with maximum efficiency. You have experience making tradeoffs between speed and accuracy.
Nice to Haves:
- You have worked at a fast-growing start-up.
- You have experience at a B2B SaaS company.
- You’ve driven forward the data side of performance marketing initiatives.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation made due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.