- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
We’re on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can’t build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We’ve been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Nike, Airbnb, Slack, Samsung and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we’re growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We’re passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
About The Role:
This role is on the marketing team, building Notion's front-facing website — the first thing users see when they visit notion.so. You'll join as the lead engineer in a quickly growing team that works alongside writers, content creators, and designers who code, bringing their visions to life and setting the technical foundation for our team.
It’s critical that Notion’s website tells a clear story about the product and its transformative potential for teams of all sizes. Our website is the most important and versatile tool we have to tell Notion’s story in a personalized way for millions of visitors each month, routing each person to the products, plans, and resources that are right for them.
A successful candidate will lead us in building a dynamic, reliable, and instrumented website that captures people’s attention, helps them truly understand the product’s benefits, and increases conversion to paid plans.
What You’ll Achieve:
- Lead a small team of engineers and partner with design and product marketing to build out the website in a way that tells a strong story to more of our audiences
- Ensure the marketing site is accessible, reliable, performant, instrumented, and optimized to increase conversions across multiple geographies.
- Partner closely with growth to improve the performance of every page and create unique customer journeys from the website into the product experience.
- Pioneer external satellite sites, special projects, and experiments.
- Help evolve our modern, component-based marketing architecture. Our site is statically generated using React, Next.js, TypeScript, and an intuitive headless CMS.
Skills You’ll Need to Bring:
- Management experience: You’ve managed small teams in previous roles and are comfortable in a coach/player role, where success is equally about what you build as how you enable your team.
- Cross-disciplinary teamwork and creativity: You’re passionate about getting creative and reasoning from first principles, not just following in the shoes of other enterprise SaaS startups. You get excitement and joy out of collaborating with artists, writers, designers, and developers to tell stories in new ways. You’re eager to answer questions and mentor other developers.
- Pragmatic and business-oriented: You care about the business impact of what you’re building, and you can get scrappy to make it happen. You’re not just going after cool stuff: you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
Nice to Haves:
Familiar with marketing technologies: You can integrate our website with external APIs such as Google Conversions, Facebook Conversions, Clearbit, Segment, Google Tag Manager, and more. You’re comfortable configuring static site generators such as Next.js or headless CMS platforms such as Contentful to help the whole team deliver content.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation made due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.