- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Business Applications
We’re on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can’t build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We’ve been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Nike, Airbnb, Slack, Samsung and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we’re growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We’re passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
About The Role:
If you are someone who loves building teams, passionate about SaaS revenue, and eager to build our Order to Cash process while supporting a growing business, we would love to talk to you. You will report to the Head of Accounting.
What You’ll Achieve:
- Lead and build the Revenue Accounting team responsible for revenue recognition close, billing operations, and revenue reporting
- Build and continuously improve our Order to Cash process with a focus on systems and automation
- Partner with our cross-functional teams in Sales, Customer Experience, Legal, and more on all aspects of revenue and billing
- Support Sales and Deal Desk on non-standard financial terms and billing arrangements
- Deeply understand our revenue systems and data to identify problems, process gaps, and propose reasonable and creative solutions to improve processes including opportunities for automating manual processes or activities within a process
- Implement new billing, collection, and revenue recognition systems as needed
- Review the month-end revenue close ensuring revenue is recognized in accordance with GAAP
- Support Financial Reporting and Audit requirements related Revenue
Skills You’ll Need to Bring:
- 8+ years of SaaS revenue accounting experience
- 4+ years of People Management experience
- Experience building a revenue accounting function, including org design and recruiting
- Excellent project management skills to work cross-functionally and prior system implementation experience
- Strong conceptual and practical knowledge of ASC 606
- Experience navigating large amounts of data
- Strong experience working with NetSuite, Stripe, and Salesforce
- Proven experience with developing scalable, efficient and controlled processes
- Self-starter who can thrive in a fast-paced environment and proactively drive business results
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with SQL and or a willingness to learn
- CPA (active or inactive)
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.