- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
- Business Applications
We make software that anyone can mold and shape to take on every challenge — from taking personal notes to running large companies. Usually based in the Mission neighborhood of San Francisco, we’ve been building together since 2016 and are trusted by customers including Nike, Airbnb, Slack, Samsung, and more. We’re excited to be growing a team as diverse and creative as the millions of people we reach worldwide, and a company where everyone can thrive.
About The Role:
You will charter and lead Notion’s first IT team and help build a culture around giving everyone the tools they need to succeed. You’ll recruit and manage technical support and system administrators/engineers along with helping develop Notion’s corporate infrastructure as a whole.
What You’ll Do:
- You will drive the IT strategy and vision for the company, and set up the foundations for every business function to succeed.
- You will build and manage a diverse and inclusive team of problem solvers to support our rapidly growing employee base.
- You will be responsible for creating a responsive, effective, and pleasant support experience for all areas your team manages.
- You will ensure people in your group are regularly receiving feedback and that they are making rapid progress on personal and professional goals.
What We’re Looking For:
- You have experience architecting and evolving systems and processes (account management, hardware provisioning, office services, security considerations) at a rapidly scaling company.
- You are comfortable being the escalation point for issues concerning all core IT systems — account and service management, device provisioning, office networking and device management, helpdesk support, AV support, etc
- You have great communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- You have built, or are committed to building, diverse and inclusive teams; you value empathetic and direct communication and foster environments that are at once collaborative, empowering, supportive, and challenging—ones where people do their best work.
- You have built and managed teams at startups before, particularly during periods of rapid growth and organizational change.
- You have experience rolling out company wide practices and processes—e.g., end user services, security, compliance and workplace services — where they didn’t exist before.
- Familiarity with MacOS, SOC II compliance and office build-outs.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation made due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.