- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 16, 2021
- Business Applications
This position is a unique opportunity to protect Notion’s product and customer data by building detection and response processes to enable accurate and consistent response to security events. We are looking for an expert in many cyber security domains with the skills to assist and train team members to complete complex investigations and drive continuous improvement for the team.
This role will be based in our San Francisco office. However, under current circumstances, remote work is being accommodated in order to comply with safety measures.
What You’ll Achieve:
- You will be a senior individual contributor to start but will have the opportunity to build and manage a diverse and inclusive team over time to protect core parts of Notion’s product and our customer’s data
- You’ll collaborate closely with peers from other functions — Design, Product, Legal, IT, Marketing, Sales, Support, etc. to stay aligned on product direction, compliance requirements, and on ongoing operations
- Lead the detection and response activities related to security incidents and vulnerability findings, collaborating and partnering with technical and business stakeholders to ensure timely remediation
- Oversee and maintain documentation on security operations, including runbooks, process workflow, and program capabilities
- Research and provide guidance on zero-day vulnerabilities and emerging threats
- Manage and partner with security service providers, driving tool and process enhancements to improve security posture
- Establish and deliver meaningful and actionable security metrics and reporting
- Lead in the effort of finding known and unknown threats and understanding new adversary TTPs (Tactics, Techniques and Procedures)
- Inspire and promote creativity and innovation while managing missteps and mistakes as opportunities to grow and learn
Skills and Toolset You’ll Need to Bring:
- You are motivated by solving challenging problems with simple, elegant solutions and feel great satisfaction from helping others. Your dedication and high standards translate to impressive results and attract like-minded people.
- You create team environments that are at once collaborative, empowering, supportive, and challenging—ones where security engineers do their best work.
- Culture matters to you. You get excited about a cohesive, energetic, and fun work environment. An environment that fosters creativity, transparency, vision, growth, and individuality. You have the drive and spark to thrive in a dynamic environment.
- You value empathetic and direct communication, particularly when giving and receiving feedback.
- Support a collaborative, performance-driven culture that builds bridges with other functional groups across the enterprise and maintains positive working relationships
- You are master of multitasking, triaging and prioritizing.
- Deep technical experience in information security operations, including technologies such as SIEM, intrusion detection/prevention systems, vulnerability assessment, encryption, identity and access control systems, anti-malware, and security event testing
- Solid experience managing security operations for cloud platforms
- Ability to identify and recommend tools, processes, software, and hardware to improve current security practices
- Good understanding of major security disciplines including defensive, offensive, architecture, engineering & software development
- Working knowledge of security related industry standards and frameworks, such as ISO 27001/2, SOC2, CIS, etc.
- You have managed security operations teams at startups before, particularly during periods of rapid growth and organizational change
- You have experience rolling out detection and response practices and processes where they didn’t exist before
- Demonstrable leadership, management, coaching skills and 3+ years managing/leading security operations teams of 6-10 employees
- Managing hybrid teams comprised of internal resources and MSSP
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of Information Security attack methods and techniques
- Experience leading highly technical Cybersecurity Investigations
- Proficiency in Python, Ruby or other scripting language
- Knowledge in Digital Forensics
- Minimum of a BA or BS degree in Computer Science or engineering, or 4+ years of combined experience in information security
- Industry certifications (GCFE, GCIH, EnCE) a plus
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation made due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.