- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 31, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
The mission of the Localization team is to enable people around the world to use Notion and feel like it was made for them no matter where they live or what language they speak.
As a Localization Program Manager, you’ll drive our efforts to localize our marketing, product, and operations content. We’re looking for someone who is an advocate for cultural nuances, possesses strong organizational and problem-solving skills, has experience working with product and engineering, likes to execute swiftly, and is detail-oriented.
What You’ll Achieve:
- Lead all localization efforts for Notion’s product, marketing, and operations content by partnering with internal Notion and vendor teams
- Own localization program initiatives from planning to completion and manage budgets and resources to execute on plans
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders (product, engineering, marketing, support, etc.) to launch successful programs
- Manage vendor and contractor relationships, including vetting and identifying the best partners for program needs, negotiating contracts, onboarding, defining resource and schedule requirements, and evaluating deliveries and performance
- Own the end-to-end localization workflow using our translation management system tools and processes
- Oversee the linguistic QA process (maintain and build test cases, work with testers, manage LQA bugs)
- Partner with user community to ensure delivery of a great user experience of Notion’s product
- Establish and maintain documentation, plans, processes, and systems to track, organize, and monitor localization projects
Skills You’ll Need to Bring:
- Someone who takes organization to the next level. You love planning and getting things done. You probably have a list for everything. Documentation is your middle name.
- 5+ years experience work experience in program/project management, localization, product development, or operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with native or near-native proficiency in English
- Highly organized and strategic thinker with the ability to prioritize and make decisions with bias towards action
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, manage projects simultaneously, and lead large scale cross-functional projects involving stakeholders from sales & marketing to technical product teams
- Experience working across time zones and cultures with the ability to build strong relationships across cultural and geographic lines
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills to extract meaningful insights out of data and translate those insights into action
Nice to Haves
- A Notion power user. You’re comfortable teaching someone new how to use it. Creating new pages and building relational databases excites you.
- Proficiency in languages other than English
- Knowledge of internationalization and localization standards, localization testing best practices, and translation management systems like Lokalise
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation made due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.