- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 29, 2021
- Product Management
- Business Applications
While we’re still a small company, we want to build a culture of caring and creation from the ground up. We want everyone who works here to feel informed, supported in their work and lives, and anchored in both the impact they have on the company and that Notion has on the world. We’re looking for an experienced communicator who loves to listen and build community, who can pioneer systems and programming that scale to reach more people with a personalized touch, and who specializes in telling stories through multiple media that engage, inspire, and inform.
What You’ll Achieve:
- Strategize: Own our strategy for internal communications as the first person in the role, determining the resources, systems and programming needed to keep the whole team in the know and aligned around our strategy and culture.
- Storytell: Create and maintain an event and editorial calendar and newsletter to deliver important narratives across the team, between teams, from leadership, and more. Act as a central hub of information and sounding board for feedback, helping us serve the team better and faster.
- Partner: Work closely with affinity groups, the founders, executives, and project leaders to amplify their voices and work across the organization as it scales. Lead programming and coordination for All Hands presentations, and co-develop other tools for information sharing and discovery.
- Brand: Lead creation of our internal and external employer brand. What does it mean to work at Notion? How do we weave our values into the ways we communicate, recruit amazing talent, and speak to the world? Leverage design, social, video, content, and more to reflect what’s important to us and what life is like here.
- Engage: Take part in conversations across the org about the company, culture, and what’s going on in the world around us. Help us respond thoughtfully both internally and externally in alignment with our values and the change we want to see in the world. Work with managers to build strong cross-functional connections and reinforce key values.
- Bonus: Notion employees do most of their internal communication on Slack and Notion. Come up with novel ways of communicating through new and existing channels.
Skills and Toolset You’ll Need to Bring:
- 5-10 years of internal communications, general comms, or employer brand experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills; clear and warm communication style.
- Superb organizational skills, with experiencing triaging many requests and priorities.
- A track record of work that required interpersonal sensitivity and empathy.
- Experience with fast-paced change management, ideally at a high-growth company.
- Past partnership with executive teams and leaders where you gave a lot of feedback
- Passion for creating workplaces that people love and trust.
- Strong execution mindset - we’re moving fast and there is a lot to do every day. You don’t mind getting scrappy!
- Bonus: Creative production skills to help us reach our audiences through not just writing, but visual, video and audio communication.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation made due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.