- Date Posted
- Sep. 22, 2021
- Product Management
- Business Applications
About The Role:
We’re lucky to have a vibrant, creative community building all kinds of cool things with Notion and sharing it with the world. They host online and offline events, make videos, share advice and templates, translate marketing into other languages, and so much more. This global community plays a huge part in inspiring users in ways we never thought possible.
Now, we’re looking for several community leaders to join our team as contractors, who can help rally, support, and shape our communities in three of our biggest markets: Korea, Japan and France. In this role, you’ll serve as geo-specific Notion leaders and experts in the local community, helping us produce and share localized content, and more we haven’t thought of yet.
What You’ll Do:
- Build. You’ll help us plan and execute ways for us to scale our local community programs while retaining the same warmth and kindness felt in the community since early on. This requires a lot of detail-oriented logistics - from setting up online events and meetups to building Notion templates, to helping community members succeed in their work.
- Represent. You’ll represent Notion in your country by speaking at conferences, becoming an extension of our brand on social media, helping out with PR efforts, contributing to online forums, and building relationships with local influencers.
- Listen. You’ll constantly monitor and participate in conversations about Notion in your country, surfacing sentiment, exceptional user-generated content, and feedback from both new and power users. You’ll share insights and lessons directly with the team to influence product development, marketing campaigns, and more.
- Test. The faster we can figure out what works, the sooner we can provide more value to the community. You’ll identify metrics that actually map to our goals, use them to figure out what programs we should invest in, and relentlessly iterate.
What We’re Looking For:
- You’ve built significant communities. You’ve helped create or moderate a vibrant community for yourself or a company before. You come with a toolkit of tactics to do this again for us. You love connecting people and helping others when the opportunity arises.
- You’re a Notion power user. You’re comfortable building relational databases and sharing your own templates. You’ve watched dozens of the advanced tutorials on YouTube (and maybe created some of your own) and been to at least one Notion meetup.
- You understand your local community. You have a deep understanding of what makes communities successful in your country.
- You’re already an evangelist. You enjoy helping people set up their Notion workspaces and spend a time teaching folks how to use the product or answering questions.
- You’re comfortable with video. You’ve created videos on YouTube or Loom and hosted webinars for a company. You’re charismatic and clear in your communication style.
- You’re analytical. You know how to conduct experiments, understand metrics in a tool like Amplitude, and create reports.
- You’re familiar with social platforms. You’re experienced with tools like Facebook Groups, Slack, Discord, and Telegram. You stay up to date with the latest tools that could help us foster stronger community.
- You have a strong execution mindset. We’re moving fast and there is a lot to do every day. You don’t mind getting scrappy!