- New York
- Date Posted
- Sep. 13, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
About The Role:
Notion’s Growth Engineers are masters of the ins and outs of our business. Using experiments, creativity, and feature creation, this team accelerates the value of Notion to more users.
What You’ll Achieve:
- Deliver experiments with velocity and quality to move core business metrics.
- Get to know the Notion customer to understand key points in the customer journey and uncover insights that will drive activation and engagement
- Plan, shape, and build new product features from start to finish: through conception, research, implementation, and maintenance.
- Work at all levels of the stack from AWS + Node + SQL to React + HTML + CSS
Skills You’ll Need to Bring:
- Thoughtful problem-solving: For you, problem-solving starts with a clear and accurate understanding of the context. You can decompose tricky problems and work towards a clean solution, by yourself or with teammates. You’re comfortable asking for help when you get stuck.
- Pragmatic and business-oriented: You care about business impact and prioritize projects accordingly. You’re not just going after cool stuff—you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- Put users first: You think critically about the implications of what you’re building, and how it shapes real people’s lives. You understand that reach comes with responsibility for our impact—good and bad.
- Not ideological about technology: To you, technologies and programming languages are about tradeoffs. You may be opinionated, but you’re not ideological and can learn new technologies as you go.
- Empathetic communication: You communicate nuanced ideas clearly, whether you’re explaining technical decisions in writing or brainstorming in real time. In disagreements, you engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and compromise when needed.
- Team player: For you, work isn’t a solo endeavor. You enjoy collaborating cross-functionally to accomplish shared goals, and you care about learning, growing, and helping others to do the same.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working on Growth Engineering at another company
- A history of strong cross-functional collaboration with marketing, sales, and/or other non-technical teams
- You’ve heard of computing pioneers like Ada Lovelace, Douglas Engelbart, Alan Kay, and others—and understand why we’re big fans of their work.
- You have interests outside of technology, such as in art, history, or social sciences.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation made due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.