- New York
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 13, 2021
- Data Science
At Nova Credit, we’re on a mission to make financial access easier, no matter where you’re from or where you go. We’ve built a platform that enables lenders to access a single, predictive cross-border credit database to help underwrite immigrants and other global citizens. In effect, we are the first global infrastructure for financial identity to seamlessly move around the world. We’re passionate about financial inclusion, and committed to building a diverse and fulfilling work culture.
In International Data & Analytics, you will play an essential role in researching, designing and building Nova Credit’s global data and analysis strategy. You will report to Nova Credit’s Head of Risk and Analytics. You will serve as a conduit to bring key functions together, including data partnerships, risk & analytics, product & engineering, and customer success to develop and implement Nova Credit’s core data systems. You will work with customer-facing teams to analytically demonstrate the strength of Nova Credit’s products and services. Ultimately, your role is to ensure that Nova Credit’s products deliver high quality predictive risk signals. Every initiative you work on will be critical for the company’s success.
- Cash Flow Underwriting Analytics: Work with bank transaction data to develop categorization, affordability insights and scores for credit underwriting strategies
- Credit Risk Analytics: Leverage and integrate data streams to deliver reporting and analytic insights with a focus on providing end users with superior credit, risk, underwriting strategies
- Data & Analytics Strategy: Research and contribute to the formulation of Nova Credit’s long-term data strategy with global credit bureaus, alternative data providers and evolving predictive data sources
- Business Support: Develop a robust customer facing knowledge base and set of tools to communicate the intricacies of Nova Credit’s platform, bureau integrations and data assets. Support Business Development and Success teams in product expansion, inquiry and resolution work streams.
In the first month, you will
- Understand Nova Credit’s bank transaction analytics strategy
- Contribute to our cash flow underwriting module
In the first quarter, you will
Design and support the implementation of a cashflow analytic tools for underwriting on both expense and income dimensions
In the first year, you will
Work with the Analytics team to design and calibrate an affordability score using bank transaction data
- 7+ years experience working with cashflow and credit underwriting analytics, credit and bank transaction data and strategy development
- Experience in consumer financial services with capacity to develop industry-standard analyses and tools
- Relevant PhD or Master’s preferred (e.g. Economics, Statistics, Operations Research)
- Experience with machine learning and statistical modeling tools
- Intellectual curiosity is essential along with creativity and technical expertise as you work with data from diverse sources to develop powerful insights.
Everyone is welcome at Nova Credit. We are an equal opportunity employer where our diversity and inclusion are central pillars to our company strategy. We look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.