- New York
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Financial Services
Nova Credit is the premier cross-border credit bureau. Lack of a domestic credit history keeps millions of immigrants from realizing their dreams. The award-winning fintech helps newcomers apply for financial services using their international credit history from countries including Australia, Brazil, Canada, India, Mexico, Nigeria, South Korea, and the United Kingdom, among others. Nova Credit translates international credit data into a single standard format familiar to underwriters, who use it to evaluate applications for credit products. Through this approach, we unlock new futures for immigrants and new customers for the institutions that serve them.
More broadly, our mission is to power a fair and inclusive financial system for the world, one in which reliable data and technology empowers people to be represented fairly, regardless of their country of origin. We started our journey serving the financial needs of newcomers to the U.S. and are now expanding that capability to not only advance credit access for newcomers globally but also support credit access for all those discouraged by the current credit system.
This is an entry-level role that sits on our Finance, Operations, and People team and reports to the Head of People. The Recruiting Coordinator and Sourcer will play a critical role in ensuring that Nova Credit is able to execute on its ambitious hiring plans, bringing in a talented and diverse workforce to drive our mission forward. This role provides excellent exposure to working in a fast-paced technology company and will mean partnering closely with folks across teams. This is an excellent role for someone considering a career path in the Recruiting and People functions.
Within the first month, you’ll
- Learn how Nova Credit approaches sourcing and recruiting, including how we embed Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in our approach
- Gain an understanding of Nova Credit’s business and product and get to know team members (especially Hiring Managers)
- Jump in and assist in managing candidates through the pipeline, including scheduling interviews
- Begin sourcing and nurturing talent
Within the first quarter, you’ll
- Take over coordination for all recruiting efforts at Nova Credit
- Begin identifying possible improvements to tools and processes
- Partner with Recruiting and Hiring Managers to source and nurture candidates for high priority roles, including technical roles
- Begin to identify and track qualitative and quantitative data to measure your effectiveness
Within the first year, you’ll
- Source, nurture, and manage candidates throughout the hiring process Implement process improvements to increase your efficiency and improve the candidate and interviewer experience
- Partner with the People team to develop an overall sourcing strategy, particularly for technical talent
- Identify novel channels for sourcing talent, with a particular focus on historically underrepresented groups in financial services and tech
- Regularly track and report on qualitative and quantitative data and recommend improvements
- Quick learner: track record of learning (about new processes, ideas, people, etc.) quickly
- Detail-oriented: capable of managing lots of small, changing details: names, schedules, docs, tools, etc.
- Creativity: able to generate new and innovative approaches to problems
- Communication: can maintain all parties (candidates and internal stakeholders) updated throughout the interview process
Everyone is welcome at Nova Credit. We are an equal opportunity employer where our diversity and inclusion are central pillars to our company strategy. We look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.