- New York
- Date Posted
- Aug. 25, 2021
- Business Intelligence
At Novus, we help investors of all stripes succeed. We are now looking for Client Analytics Analysts dive into the complexities of the Hedge Fund industry to provide our clients with fresh perspective on the skills necessary to maximize their performance potential. Become a part of Novus and change the way the world invests.
What You’ll Do
You will report directly to an Analytics Team Lead, and be based in New York City. For this position, we are looking for recent college graduates with 1-2 years of experience in the financial services industry.
You will become a product expert that generates analysis, assists with client relationships, and works with large and complex data sets to enlighten the industry’s leading investors. Responsibilities include:
- Client Relationship: Work with your team to:
- Manage client relationships
- Deliver unparalleled client service
- Engage users on a daily basis
- Develop a deep understanding of the client and their needs by attending meetings, integrating into their workflows, and executing on follow ups.
- Product Expert: Become an expert on Novus’ Platform and drive our clients’ ability to generate significant value. You will review Hedge Fund and Allocator portfolios daily through the lens of the Novus Platform to derive insights and ensure data accuracy.
- Analysis: Generate and validate a variety of recurring Novus analyses designed to generate proprietary industry insight and expertise.
- Data Management: Collaborate with data professionals to orchestrate a seamless onboarding and continuous data management for clients.
- Work Experience: You have 1-2 years of real-world experience in the Finance space or related industry and/or internship experience
- Interpersonal skills/Communication: You are a strong verbal and written communicator, whether discussing clients’ portfolios, current financial trends, and ability to articulate complex calculations or ideas into digestible concepts.
- Analytical skills: Ability to analyze large data sets and portfolios to come up with actionable insights.
- Technical: You have a healthy proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint.
- Organizational skills: You are comfortable managing competing client demands and deadlines and know how to prioritize, manage expectations, and provide results.
- Interests: Demonstrated desire to work in the Finance & Investment space evidenced by regularly reading books and keeping up with current financial & economic trends.
Novus serves capital allocators and managers, helping them enrich and manage their data, extract actionable investment insights, and improve stakeholder communication via visualization and automation. We strive to be the center of the institutional investment ecosystem: where the world’s greatest investors gather to manage their portfolios and engage with one another.
Over $120 trillion is invested annually on behalf pensions, endowments, sovereign funds, private investors, and family offices. These groups strive to affect the world in unique ways—be it through funding scholarships, protecting pensions, establishing charitable foundations, supporting medical research, preserving wealth, and more.
Unfortunately, many of these institutions are using outdated and disconnected tools to manage their portfolios. Novus offers comprehensive solutions for the multi-asset class portfolio. By providing a single platform that streamlines data processes, quantifies investment skill, uncovers bias, and helps investors plan more accurately, we are helping investors amplify their impact.
We expect our team members to deliver on their responsibilities and understand how each and every component of our company works to generate our collective success. We hold ourselves and our colleagues accountable to the highest standards.
- If the following sounds like you, we look forward to getting to know you—
- You do not want to “just work;” you want to be a part of something bigger and have an impact.
- You drive yourself and others around you to become better.
- You have a passion to know more and challenge yourself and others to look at problems from new and different perspectives.
- You thrive in a smaller environment and welcome the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the organization.
- You know that constructive criticism, whether about you or from you, is about improving yourself, your team, and your company.
- You are not afraid to share your opinions, offer, or ask for help.
- You enjoy digging into excel models and datasets and figuring out how they work together.