- New York
- Austin, TX
- Date Posted
- Sep. 29, 2021
- Business Intelligence
At Novus, we help investors of all stripes succeed. We are now looking for a Sr. Associate to dive into the complexities of the Hedge Fund industry to provide our clients with fresh perspective on the skills necessary to maximize their performance potential. Become a part of Novus and change the way the world invests.
What You’ll Do
You will report directly to our President and be based in New York City or Austin.
You will become a product expert that takes the lead with day-to-day client relationships– we want our clients to view us as an extension of their team. Responsibilities include:
- Effectively manage day-to-day client interactions with an aim of transforming how clients view their portfolios.
- Responsible for maintaining exceptional retention numbers for your book of business while also finding opportunities for upsells.
- You will also have the opportunity to contribute towards business development efforts and have a pipeline of business with commission incentives.
- Lead a team of 2-3 analysts and work in concert with your team to manage higher touch/more nuanced client relationships.
- Conceptualize and orchestrate the creation of proprietary Novus analyses. Simple yet impactful insights are how we get our point across.
- Collaborate with data professionals to orchestrate seamless onboarding and continuous data management for both Manager and Allocator clients and prospects. Data is at the epicenter of everything we do.
- Work Experience: You have over 3 years exposure to the world of investments (alternatives are a plus).
- Client relationship management: You delight in working with clients and making their success is a priority.
- Process improvement: You have concrete examples of “owning” and improving complex processes
- Technical: You have a healthy proficiency with MS Excel.
- Management: You enjoy and have specific examples of successfully managing people and processes.
- Self-starter: You are able to work successfully within a team structure and independently.
- Interpersonal skills/Communication: You are a strong verbal and written communicator
- Organizational skills: You know how to work with your team to prioritize, manage expectations, manage junior member’s workflow, and provide results.
- Interests: You have demonstrated enthusiasm for data, technology, and/or investing
Novus serves capital allocators and managers, helping them enrich and manage their data, extract actionable investment insights, and improve stakeholder communication via visualization and automation. We strive to be the center of the institutional investment ecosystem: where the world’s greatest investors gather to manage their portfolios and engage with one another.
Over $120 trillion is invested annually on behalf pensions, endowments, sovereign funds, private investors, and family offices. These groups strive to affect the world in unique ways—be it through funding scholarships, protecting pensions, establishing charitable foundations, supporting medical research, preserving wealth, and more.
Unfortunately, many of these institutions are using outdated and disconnected tools to manage their portfolios. Novus offers comprehensive solutions for the multi-asset class portfolio. By providing a single platform that streamlines data processes, quantifies investment skill, uncovers bias, and helps investors plan more accurately, we are helping investors amplify their impact.
We expect our team members to deliver on their responsibilities and understand how each and every component of our company works to generate our collective success. We hold ourselves and our colleagues accountable to the highest standards.
- If the following sounds like you, we look forward to getting to know you—
- You do not want to “just work;” you want to be a part of something bigger and have an impact.
- You have a passion to know more and challenge yourself and others to look at problems from new and different perspectives.
- You thrive in fast-paced environment and welcome the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the organization.
- You are a leader and mentor, but always a team player.
- You know that constructive criticism, whether about you or from you, is about improving yourself, your team, and your company, and you are not afraid to share your opinions, offer, or ask for help.