- Austin, TX
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Financial Services
Novus serves capital allocators and managers, helping them enrich and manage their data, extract actionable investment insights, and improve stakeholder communication via visualization and automation. We strive to be the center of the institutional investment ecosystem, where the world’s investors gather to manage their portfolios and engage with one another.
Over $120 trillion is invested annually on behalf of pensions, endowments, sovereign funds, private investors, and family offices. Unfortunately, many of these institutions are using outdated and disconnected tools to manage their portfolios. Novus offers comprehensive solutions for multi-asset class portfolios. By providing a single platform that streamlines data processes, quantifies investment skill, uncovers bias, and helps investors plan more accurately, we are helping investors amplify their impact.
- If the following sounds like you, we look forward to getting to know you —
- You have a natural drive to become the best at what you do – excellence is your top priority in the work you deliver.
- You have a get it done attitude, can figure things out on your own and find creative ways to get the job done, on time, and at exceptional levels of quality
- You notice all the small details, but can still stay focused on the big picture and strategy
- You have a high level of integrity and exemplify excellent judgement on tough decisions
What You’ll Do
You will report directly to the VP of Finance and the role will be remote until we return to the office. We are seeking local candidates who are already based in Austin.
Key responsibilities will be to:
- Work closely with the Finance team in the preparation of our consolidated financial statements
- Control cash flows by managing accounts payable and accounts receivable processes
- Lead the monthly close process by preparing various adjustments, journal entries and schedules
- Develop recommendations to improve accounting policies and processes – help take us to the next level
- Supervise payroll and comply with federal and state tax issues
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis to drive business decisions
Critical Skills / Abilities
- 1 to 3 years of experience working in an accounting role (public accounting experience a plus)
- Understanding of US GAAP
- Strong analytical skills and a problem-solving spirit
- Ability to communicate well internally and with clients/vendors
- Detail-oriented and able to efficiently manage multiple work efforts simultaneously
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to work independently as well as with others at all levels within the company
- Experience with NetSuite and MS Excel