- Zürich, CH
- Austin, TX
- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
- Software Engineering
Novus serves capital allocators and managers, helping them enrich and manage their data, extract actionable investment insights, and improve stakeholder communication via visualization and automation. We strive to be the center of the institutional investment ecosystem, where the world’s investors gather to manage their portfolios and engage with one another.
Over $120 trillion is invested annually on behalf pensions, endowments, sovereign funds, private investors, and family offices. Unfortunately, many of these institutions are using outdated and disconnected tools to manage their portfolios. Novus offers comprehensive solutions for multi-asset class portfolio. By providing a single platform that streamlines data processes, quantifies investment skill, uncovers bias, and helps investors plan more accurately, we are helping investors amplify their impact.
We expect our team members to deliver on their responsibilities and understand how each and every component of our company works to generate our collective success. We hold ourselves and our colleagues accountable to the highest standards.
- If the following sounds like you, we look forward to getting to know you—
- You are challenged and fulfilled by interesting and difficult problems and expect the same from colleagues.
- When uncomfortable with the status quo you push to drive change.
- You have a thirst for learning; strong history of skill improvement and learning new technologies.
- You love to build things on your free time and contribute to the open-source community.
- You are a great communicator and relationship builder.
- You are ambitious, but also supportive, and inspire others to fulfill their potential.
What You’ll Do
As a Software Engineer, you will be given a unique level of responsibility and autonomy to get things done and deliver tangible results. You will report to one of our Senior Software Engineers and be based in NYC when we return to the office. Until then, you will be working from home.
You will be a pivotal part of one of our many small development teams. You will work within a modern technology stack, autonomously and collaboratively, to make a huge impact.
- Independently transform ambiguous requirements into robust software solutions and drive them to implementation.
- Deliver full feature user stories, in short iterations, that delight our customers.
- Work with Product Managers make sure engineering tasks always align with business goals.
- Grow your software development skills using Functional and Object-Oriented principles while using the Novus stack including: Scala, SQL, AngularJS and Kubernetes
Critical Skills / Abilities
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
- Can own the problems you have been entrusted to solve from inception to production.
- You architect elegant solutions that remove more complexity than they add.
- You create clean, readable, and well-structured code… and when working in existing code you leave it better than you found it.
- You approach problems with a logical mindset to deliver systematic solutions.
- Communication - What are you doing? Why did you do it? – Articulating answers to these questions in written form (code check-ins, ticket comments) and in person (stand-ups, product reviews) is a necessary quality.
- Experience - 2+ years post graduate experience working in small, high growth dev teams.
- Desired, but not required:
- Full-stack experienced; ideally Scala and AngularJS.
- Interest in finance; personal and professional.