- New York
- Date Posted
- Aug. 31, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
At Novus, we help investors of all stripes succeed. As a Client Data Associate, you will be given a unique level of responsibility and autonomy to get things done and deliver tangible results. You will work closely with the Client Data team and assist with on-boarding new clients and performing reconciliation of hedge fund portfolios. You will report directly to our Director of Operations and the role will be based in NYC.
What You’ll Do
- Perform regular reconciliation of hedge fund portfolios
- Liaison with clients and third-party vendors to rectify potential data quality issues
- Validating data quality and supporting the Client Management Team Lead with ad hoc requests and internal projects
- Conceptually understand the client’s goals and work with them to ensure queries are successfully resolved within the expected timeframe as determined by the SLA while continually raising the bar of our world class customer service
- Work directly with engineering to modernize data flows and processes
- Support Client Data team with ad hoc requests and internal projects
- Undergrad degree in Finance, Math, or related field - accounting a plus
- Relevant experience working in databases, preferably Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- Strong interest in the field of finance; knowledge of financial instruments and the Hedge Fund industry is a plus
- Experience in a client facing role a plus
- VBA, Python and API querying experience a plus
Novus serves capital allocators and managers, helping them enrich and manage their data, extract actionable investment insights, and improve stakeholder communication via visualization and automation. We strive to be the center of the institutional investment ecosystem: where the world’s greatest investors gather to manage their portfolios and engage with one another.
Over $120 trillion is invested annually on behalf pensions, endowments, sovereign funds, private investors, and family offices. These groups strive to affect the world in unique ways—be it through funding scholarships, protecting pensions, establishing charitable foundations, supporting medical research, preserving wealth, and more.
Unfortunately, many of these institutions are using outdated and disconnected tools to manage their portfolios. Novus offers comprehensive solutions for the multi-asset class portfolio. By providing a single platform that streamlines data processes, quantifies investment skill, uncovers bias, and helps investors plan more accurately, we are helping investors amplify their impact.
We expect our team members to deliver on their responsibilities and understand how each and every component of our company works to generate our collective success. We hold ourselves and our colleagues accountable to the highest standards.
- If the following sounds like you, we look forward to getting to know you—
- You have a natural drive to become the best at what you do; excellence is your top priority in the work you deliver
- You favor errors of commission (failures that result from taking action) over errors of omission (failure to act)
- You value the best answer more than your ego, can remain composed in the heat of the moment, and can critique and vocalize your thoughts while simultaneously maintaining great relationships
- You value diversity of opinion and look for what can be learned from every interaction
- Your integrity is non-negotiable