- New York
- Date Posted
- Jun. 29, 2021
- Business Development
OpenX is seeking a Director Business Development with significant experience in the programmatic ecosystem. This executive will represent OpenX to leading publishers and other supply partners. The focus of this role will be on finding strategic, long term partnership opportunities that leverage the OpenX PMP platform, identity/data assets, and CTV publisher product suite to drive increased value for publishers and OpenX.
The Director of Business Development is an important member of the team and is expected to leverage deep knowledge of publishers and the programmatic ecosystem in order to enhance and improve our product suite, refine our value proposition and broaden our understanding of the markets in which we compete. This person will own OpenX’s relationship with their assigned publishers and serve as a partner to the other publisher-facing teams such as Account Management and Sales Engineering.
Note: Title for this role could change from Director to Sr Manager, or Sr Director it will be based on level of experience
- Work with existing publishers to create new PMP partnerships and achieve annual and quarterly quotas through publisher-sourced deal-based revenue
- Serve as the trusted advisor to publishers as they navigate the changing programmatic landscape and prepare for the end of the 3rd party cookie
- Prospect, close, and activate new CTV monetization and data partnerships with key publishers
- Identify new areas for technical innovation and provide actionable insights to our exec, product, and technology teams
- Lead all aspects of a publisher relationship including executive touchpoints, business development discussions, contract negotiations, account planning and opportunities- sourcing
- Represent OpenX as a brand ambassador at various industry events
- 3-5 years of sales experience in ad tech, data management platforms, or at programmatic publisher
- Ability to engage in strategic conversations with executives at leading publishers, advertisers or ad tech companies
- Deep experience with CTV, video and mobile media platforms
- Solid understanding of data management and identity platforms
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding all revenue goals and leading successful partnerships with top tier clients
- Exceptional verbal, written, communication and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with publisher business models, ad serving, ad exchanges, RTB, and mobile ad technologies focused on driving publisher value
- High energy, self motivated and passionate about working in a fast paced startup environment
Company At a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
- We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
- We are an open book
- We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor, policy and company management.
Please make sure to disable your ad-blocker should you face issues with submitting your job application.