- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
- Business Intelligence
Cracow, Małopolskie, Poland
About the job
Who We Are
OpenX is the top player in the AdTech industry in the World. We have seven offices located around the globe (in the US, the UK, Poland and Japan). We’re focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
- OpenX Poland is a branch of OpenX based in Cracow, Poland.
- We’re one of the best cloud computing developers in Poland.
Who We Are Looking For
- At OpenX Poland, we’re looking for talented, communicative, and curious engineers to join our amazing team in Cracow, Poland.
- Currently, we’re looking for a BI Developer/Analyst.
- Open-minded - happy to give & receive feedback, not afraid to fail and move on
- Proactive - always want to find a satisfying solution
- Self-organized and self-motivated
- We want to talk to you.
What We Offer
- Working with the newest technologies such as Cloud Computing (GCP)
- Experienced Team (50% of the company are senior developers!)
- Challenges at work that are difficult to find anywhere else!
- Solving important problems in a scale
- Joining a company that is growing and scaling
- Flexible working hours & remote work option
- Annual performance bonus
- Tax-deductible system due to copyright protection
- Private health care for you and your family (covered by OpenX)
- Private life and travel insurance (Covid insurance included)
- MultiKafeteria program
- Trainings: access to the LinkedIn learning platform and Tech workshops
- Additional paid day off
- Free parking lot
- Sport activities: online yoga/stretching classes :)
- Possible trips to California once in a while
OpenX is looking for a BI Developer who will reshape the way the company uses data and will generate the insights derived to meet department-level and company-level OKR’s and KPI’s. You will work with a federated team of Technical Analysts and Data Engineers embedded in finance, data, engineering, and operations who will be responsible for leveling up OpenX’s use of data and insights to make business decisions.
The ideal person will need to be curious, smart, communicative, resourceful, deeply technical, and business-minded. This is a new role at the company, so you will have the opportunity to be a key player in transforming OpenX’s business intelligence stack into the GCP stack. This person will gain exposure to the entire business through frequent collaboration with tech, finance, sales, and operations.
Our exchange processes hundreds of billions of ad requests daily connecting thousands of publishers with demand partners. Each request produces data events that have to be processed to extract business value from them. Daily our applications produce more than 1PB of data. Our GCP implementation is in TOP20 worldwide.
- A key mission will be building O&O cloud-based, self-service business intelligence tool aggregating reporting/dashboarding needs covered in several outsourced applications.
- Will be a member of a collective of Analysts that will define and document business decisions across the organization.
- Analytics teams will require the new member to member with the deep skillset to help bridge gaps:
- Document business definitions and needs for reporting,
- Ensure that the whole organization uses the same set of metrics, the data set(s), and methodologies to generate reports,
- Understand the departments OKRs and KPIs, and build data insights to shape decision making
- Will pull data and conceptualize business problem and solutions
- Independently identify and pursue analytical opportunities that will yield actionable insights
- Drive scenario and sensitivity analyses to support the development of strategy and key initiatives
- Work cross-functionally with other internal teams to support high-impact projects
- Present to senior management with analysis and recommendations
- 3 years of experience as a Software Engineer, or Technical Analyst, or BI Developer,
- Deep understanding of business requirements to allow departments to use data effectively that supports the company goals,
- Must have the ability to diagnose business questions, articulate business requirements, ability to conceptualize data structures, and ultimately provide a team with data-driven solutions,
- Superior analytical abilities, creativity, and the ability to form key, succinct insights and recommendations from a comprehensive analysis involving large amounts of data,
- Solid knowledge of data modeling and some understanding of mechanics of data processing,
- Experience with cloud tech stack (preferably GCP, AWS, Azure),
- Must be proficient in SQL. Python or any other scripting language would be a plus,
- Comfortable with CLI tools & basic Git version control system,
- Experience with cloud computing data storage and analysis tools like Big Query, RedShift, Athena, Snowflake, etc.,
- Experience with BI visualization tools like, Tableau, Looker, Power BI etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization,
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a major in Computer Science, Economics, or Math (Statistics),
- Get it done mentality and a sense of urgency,
- Part of this role is cooperating remotely across time zones with stakeholders
- Proficient in English (at least B2 level) and Polish
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor, policy and company management.
Please make sure to disable your ad-blocker should you face issues with submitting your job application.