- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 13, 2021
- Buying & Merchandising
OpenX, the world’s largest people-based advertising exchange, is seeking a Director to join our US Buyer Development team. This position will play a critical role in the expansion of the OpenX business with brand advertisers and global ad agencies at a time of hyper growth for our company. Reporting directly to the VP of Buyer Development, the Director will focus on driving strategic partnerships and revenue growth with agency holding companies, individual agencies, brands, trading desks, consultancies and managed service providers.
This critical member of the Buyer Development team will have a unique opportunity to influence the direction of the company, cement our position as the foremost identity-focused SSP and truly ‘own’ a set of high-value client relationships.
Success in this position requires passion for ad tech with a heavy emphasis on RTB, audience + data activation, strong consultative sales and analytical skills, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, team-focused environment delivering against tight deadlines.
- Build, own and manage relationships and revenue with assigned holding companies, brands, agencies, agency trading desks (ATDs), consultancies and managed service providers
- Function as a Team Lead for your assigned accounts: directly manage Buyer Development Account Executives, own a team quota and deliver regular, accurate updates on team performance, client engagement, pipeline and revenue
- Strike strategic partnerships with key client stakeholders and position Account Executives for transactional success
- Accelerate incremental demand for OpenX’s open market, Programmatic Direct and data offerings across screens, formats and geos
- Expert-level knowledge of OpenX’s products, the OpenX pitch and how programmatic decisions are made for all assigned accounts
- Further entrench OpenX as a trusted partner in the programmatic space, with an eye towards building long-term, revenue-yielding client relationships
- Establish OpenX as a market leader in programmatic audience + identity
- Help grow OpenX’s best-in-class reputation for programmatic education, thought leadership and technology
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to deliver to clients the OpenX suite of programmatic and identity-based solution
- 7+ years working in online advertising (programmatic buying, account management, sales, etc).
- Solid relationships across marketers, agencies and ATDs and/or previous agency experience working closely with ad tech companies (DSP, DMP, Ad Server, etc)
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Highly organized, with experience successfully managing multiple projects to tight deadlines
- Clear understanding of SSPs/exchanges and programmatic buying fundamentals
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- BS/BA degree required. MBA a plus
- Deep familiarity with ad tech, SSPs, DSPs and the programmatic landscape, as well as with internal org structure at brands, agencies, ATDs and consultancies
- Expansive network of strategic and transactional decision-makers on the buy-side, including brand-direct relationships
- Well-versed in programmatic audience strategy: CRM, CDP, DMP, 1P+2P+3P data, the future-focused people-based marketing landscape, etc.
- Programmatic buying experience at agency, ATD or brand
- Strong executive presence and deeply comfortable presenting to clients of all levels
- Consultative, partnership-minded sales approach
- Ability to lead all aspects of top-tier buyer relationships – truly ‘own’ a book of business
- Excellent problem-solving skills and strong business judgment
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!