- Pasadena, CA
- Date Posted
- Aug. 31, 2021
- Data Science
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our platform is a Big Data Engineer’s dream, serving billions of ad requests, and processing hundreds of terabytes a day; it one of largest and most scalable ad tech platforms in the world serving more than 800 publishers worldwide, including 65% of the comScore 100, with 200 million unique visitors and 100 billion ads auctioned per month through its exchange.
OpenX is looking for a talented and highly motivated Big Data Engineer to help build OpenAudience, a data-driven solution to bring people-based marketing to publishers on the open web. You will be working on a full-stack team to define, create, and deliver new features and functionality in order to deliver the best possible advertising experience in the market. Scalability, performance, and rock-solid reliability are all factors to consider with every line you code.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams within Data Science, Engineering and Product to analyze massive datasets, generate new insights, and implement robust data products
- Leverage the Google Cloud Platform to take technical initiatives from product inception to deployment
- Influence and drive software development best practices for the team
- Minimum 5+ years experience of hands-on development in Python and/or SQL
- Experience with RDBMS software such as Postgres, MySQL, and/or analytic datastores such as BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift
- Experience in one of the following areas with familiarity in adjacent skills:
- Designing scalable and latency-sensitive applications, where performance tuning and monitoring was required
- Big data system design that includes several different database types like relational, columnar, or document
- Development experience on Linux platforms
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- A track record of ownership and professionalism
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and documentation skills
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with Enterprise Data Warehousing or related analytical platforms
- Familiarity writing and consuming GraphQL APIs
- Experience with CI/CD technologies such as Jenkins and Spinnaker
- Experience with container & orchestration technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experienced with large scale distributed applications
- Experience with GCP Big Data technologies such as BigTable, BigQuery, Dataproc, Composer or their open source relatives (HBase, Impala, Spark, Airflow, etc)
- Skills in deploying, monitoring, and supporting large cloud applications, especially within Google Cloud Platform
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
- We are one - One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
- Our customers define us - We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
- OpenX is mine - We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
- We are an open book - We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
- We evolve fast - We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism.