- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
- Data Science
About the job
Who We Are
OpenX is the top player in the AdTech industry in the World. We have seven offices located around the globe (in the US, the UK, Poland and Japan). We’re focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
- OpenX Poland is a branch of OpenX based in Cracow, Poland.
- We’re one of the best cloud computing developers in Poland.
- Who We Are Looking For
- At OpenX Poland, we’re looking for talented, communicative, and curious engineers to join our amazing team in Cracow, Poland.
Currently, we’re looking for a Big Data Engineer II (Java) with a strong backend background, and who is willing to get hands-on experience with the Big Data pipelines in a fully cloud environment.
- Open-minded - happy to give & receive feedback, not afraid to fail and move on
- Proactive - always want to find a satisfying solution
- Self-organized and self-motivated
- We want to talk to you.
What We Offer
- Working with the newest technologies such as Cloud Computing (GCP)
- Experienced Team (50% of the company are senior developers!)
- Challenges at work that are difficult to find anywhere else!
- Solving important problems in a scale
- Joining a company that is growing and scaling
- Flexible working hours & remote work option
- Annual performance bonus
- Tax-deductible system due to copyright protection
- Private health care for you and your family (covered by OpenX)
- Private life and travel insurance (Covid insurance included)
- MultiKafeteria program
- Trainings: access to the LinkedIn learning platform and Tech workshops
- Additional paid day off
- Free parking lot
- Sport activities: online yoga/stretching classes :)
- Online English classes
- Possible trips to California once in a while
You will be part of the exchange data and reporting team. Our exchange handles billions of ad requests daily connecting thousands of publishers with demand partners. The amount of data produced every hour is enormous and requires efficient processing pipelines.
- Ideally 3+ years working experience in Java applications development
- Experience with RDBMs or NoSQL databases
- Experience in building http APIs
- Knowledge of basic algorithms and data structures
- Readiness to enter the Big Data world of Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- Communicative Polish and English languages
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes and containers is a big advantage
- Experience working in digital media, marketing technology or advertising technology is a big plus.
- Familiarity with Linux and CLI
- Experience with Big Data (pipelines, storages, etc.)
- SCRUM / Agile environment experience
- Create and deliver new features and functionality
- Work with Product to drive the requirements, and own the project end-to-end
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of services and pipelines
- Think long-term and be unsatisfied with band-aids
- Identify unnecessary complexity and remove it
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
- We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
- We are an open book
- We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor, policy and company management.
Please make sure to disable your ad-blocker should you face issues with submitting your job application.