- Pasadena, CA
- Date Posted
- Sep. 13, 2021
- Data Science
OpenX Technologies, Inc. is looking for a Data Analyst to join our fun, dynamic and high-performing Business Intelligence team within the Finance organization. Our organization’s mission is to steer the financial growth of OpenX through the delivery of world-class financial intelligence, guidance and services. In this mission we value reliability, integrity and fearless stewardship of OpenX’s business. We strive to operate with objectivity, rigor and strategic insight.
The ideal candidate will be a highly engaged and intellectually curious data analyst with one to four years of experience in an analytic role. You will be responsible for developing in-depth business analyses, providing ad hoc analytic support to the entire business, and driving the scaling and automation of reporting processes. You will have the opportunity to design and execute quantitative analyses using huge and complex data sets, and learn about the dynamic ad tech industry from within one of its leading companies.
- Build performance and revenue reporting tools for internal customers
- Help build and automate data and reporting processes for the Finance organization
- Ad-hoc analysis and reporting serving teams across the company
- Manipulate large data sets in an efficient manner via scripting
- Execute deep dive quantitative analyses that translates data into actionable insights
- Provide analytical and decision-making support for key company initiatives
- 1-4 years of analytical work experience, preferably within a business intelligence, corporate finance or strategic planning role.Experience working with large data sets preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (such as Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Physics).
- Superior analytical abilities and the ability to form key, succinct insights and recommendations from analyses involving large amounts of complex data.
- Curiosity to identify and ability to solve difficult problems.
- Prior experience with relational database systems; strong SQL skills are required.Previous experience with Google BigQuery a definite plus.
- Strong quantitative skills and proficiency with MS Office suite of applications, and prior experience with scripting languages (such as Python).
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interface with and effectively present to multiple levels of management.
- Extremely proactive with a strong bias for action; naturally inquisitive; desire to continuously improve current business practices/processes.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!