- Date Posted
- Jul. 6, 2021
The HR Business Partner plays an important role in ensuring the teams they partner with are growing, thriving, and executing at scale, ensuring the people and organizational strategy align with the business strategy. As a key member of our People team, you will work closely with leaders on engagement, employee development, diversity, compensation, and performance management initiatives. You’ll be proactive in providing guidance and counsel to leaders and individual employees. You will be data-driven and have sound judgment to directly influence the growth & scaling of our organization. We’re looking for someone to help us continue to build a stellar team. You must thrive in fast-paced environments, be able to manage through ambiguity and complexity, and have a clear understanding and experience of HR’s true role as a business partner.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Act as a trusted advisor, coach, and consultant to leaders to improve their leadership capability, team effectiveness, strategic insight, and business performance.
- Play an integral role on the departmental leadership teams by coaching and guiding leaders on professional development, career-pathing and leveling, change management, org design, and tricky people situations.
- Partner with leaders to enhance organizational effectiveness, organizational design, develop change management capabilities and drive decision-making based on people data and analytics.
- Develop people and culture strategies in partnership with the HR team, as well as OpenX’s overall strategy, initiatives, and accountabilities.
- Lead the global implementation of the people and culture dimensions of each departments’ strategy and plan.
- Implement talent processes within departments and tailor to the specific talent profiles within the group.
- Be an advocate for the talent agenda, building knowledge and networks of talent, integrating talent with other culture and people processes (such as resourcing, succession planning, leadership development, and learning), and nurturing a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to develop the strategic workforce plan and to help execute against that plan.
- Partner with the HR team to ensure job requisitions are appropriately leveled and benchmarked.
Inform and implement the Total Rewards philosophy and framework within departments, engaging with Total Rewards partners to design talent-specific or localized reward plans to meet critical business needs.
Ideal Experience & Competencies
- 8+ years of overall HR experience; 4-5 years as an HR Business Partner at a tech company.
- A track record of providing HR consultation to senior leadership on strategic initiatives
- A strategic and hands-on leader, comfortable with big picture thinking, modeling, program management, and addressing individual employee matters.
- Strong understanding of HR programs and processes including compensation, performance management, and leadership development
- Knowledge and experience with global HR practices and policies preferred
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels of the organization and extreme flexibility to be proactive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Competence in making timely, effective, principles-based decisions
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and in a constantly evolving environment. Status quo isn’t in your vocabulary!
- Knowledge of various employment laws and their impact on HR matters
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Demonstrated ability to partner within and outside of HR
- Experience supporting EMEA is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills; analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience with Workday is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters degree a plus