- Date Posted
- Dec. 14, 2021
Who we are
OpenX is a top player in the AdTech industry in the World. We have seven offices located around the globe (in the US, the UK, Poland and Japan). We’re focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising marketplaces and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
Who we are looking for
At OpenX Poland, we’re looking for talented, communicative, and curious engineers to join our amazing team in Cracow, Poland. Currently, we’re looking for a Cloud Site Reliability Engineer.
- Open-minded - happy to give & receive feedback, not afraid to fail and move on
- Proactive - always want to find a satisfying solution
Self-organized and self-motivated
We want to talk to you.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating large-scale ad marketplaces in the cloud, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
We are a pioneer in cloud computing in Poland. With the recent migration to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) we have the largest infrastructure cloud footprint in Poland. It’s on such a large scale, Google is working to solve our problems. We are seeking a Senior Cloud SRE that will be primarily responsible for the performance, uptime, and growth of various OpenX systems and services on GCP. Much of your software development focuses on optimizing cloud-native systems, orchestrating cloud infrastructure, and eliminating manual work through automation. Excellent communication skills are crucial in this position so you could successfully interact with globally distributed OpenX teams operating in a 24x7 manner.
What we offer
- Working with the newest technologies such as Cloud Computing (GCP)
- Experienced Team (50% of the company are senior developers!)
- Challenges at work that are difficult to find anywhere else!
- Solving important problems in a scale
- Joining a company that is growing and scaling
- Flexible working hours & remote work option
- Annual performance bonus
- Tax-deductible system due to copyright protection
- Private health care for you and your family (covered by OpenX)
- Private life and travel insurance (Covid insurance included)
- MultiKafeteria program
- Training: access to the LinkedIn learning platform and Tech workshops
- Holiday Allowance
- Pension scheme (PPK from PZU)
- Additional paid day off
- Free parking lot
- Sports activities: online yoga/stretching classes :)
- Access to peer to peer recognition platform
- Possible trips to California once in a while
- Company events (online during the pandemic time)
- Design, write and deliver software to implement and support large web-scale, highly-performant, highly-available infrastructure on GCP/AWS (e.g. Terraform)
- Monitor infrastructure, respond to incidents, correct and improve systems to prevent incidents, and plan capacity
- Support system deployments and product releases
- Tune large-scale clusters for optimal performance and efficiency
- Working closely with engineering, project management, and operational peers to develop innovative technical tools and solutions
- Participation in on-call rotation
- At least 3 years of AWS/GCP experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field involving systems engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Shell scripting
- Experience in one of the following: Java, Python, Go, or other
- Good English and Polish skills
Nice to have
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Good understanding of public cloud services and tasks, such as: VPC; load balancing; relational and non-relational data stores (e.g., Google Cloud SQL, Memorystore, AWS RDS); storage (e.g., GCS, AWS S3); monitoring (e.g., GCP Stackdriver, AWS CloudWatch, Prometheus); serverless computing (e.g., GCF, AWS Lambda); and auto-scaling
- Kubernetes/Docker/Containers experience
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism.