- Pasadena, CA
- Date Posted
- Nov. 30, 2021
OpenX, the world’s largest people-based advertising exchange, is seeking an Account Executive to join our US Buyer Development team. This position will play a critical role in the expansion of the OpenX business with brand advertisers and global ad agencies at a time of hyper-growth for our company.
Reporting directly to the Sr. Director of Buyer Development, candidates should have a solid understanding of programmatic advertising and the broader advertising landscape, with experience working at or with the major advertising agency holding companies.
This critical member of the Buyer Development team will have a unique opportunity to influence the direction of the company, cement our position as the foremost identity-focused SSP, and truly ‘own’ a set of high-value client relationships.
- Building relationships and driving revenue with assigned holding companies, brands, agencies, agency trading desks (ATDs), consultancies and managed service providers
- Working closely with account teams at agencies representing the top 200 global brands to activate private marketplaces
- Developing deals that help advertisers connect with their target audiences and desired inventory across OpenX’s suite of premium publishers
- Prospecting and connecting with potential buyers, deploying a discovery strategy and sales narrative designed to drive Programmatic Direct spend
- Providing ‘ground support’ to strategic deals by driving transactional business and consistent deal-based revenue
- Managing a pipeline of opportunities in Salesforce and providing regular reporting to management on deal progress
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to deliver to clients the OpenX suite of programmatic and identity-based solutions
- 5 years of overall experience in ad tech or digital advertising
- 1-2 years in an Account Executive role in ad tech or digital advertising
- Deep familiarity with ad tech, SSPs, DSPs, the programmatic landscape, and media supply chain
- Strong executive presence and high comfort level presenting to clients of all levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present complex subjects in a simple and concise manner
- Programmatic buying experience at an agency, ATD, or brand
- Well-versed in programmatic audience strategy: CRM, CDP, DMP, 1P + 2P + 3P data, look-alike modeling, etc.
- Consultative, partnership-minded sales approach
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, team-focused environment delivering against tight deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and strong business judgment
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism.