- Pasadena, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 23, 2021
At OpenX, the Senior Sales Engineer is a primary technical resource and partner with Business Development when selling OpenX’s platform technology to our prospects and accounts.
The Senior Sales Engineer is responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working with internal and external stakeholders as the key technical advisor and product advocate to prospects. The Senior Sales Engineer will also facilitate the ongoing collection of feature requests and technical integrations for prospects.
The Senior Sales Engineer must be fluent in articulating technology and product positioning to both business and technical audiences and must establish and maintain strong customer relationships throughout the sales cycle.
The OpenX Partner Services team is built on high achievers building indispensable relationships with OpenX publishers and supply aggregators. We thrive in fast-paced, team-oriented environments. The Senior Sales Engineer is critical to establishing win-win relationships with publishers by setting the initial tone with prospects, establishing credibility in what OpenX can achieve for these publishers, and teeing up the relationship for long-term success with OpenX.
- Act as a subject matter expert, develop and deliver high stakes sales presentations, and product demonstrations to new partner prospects, working with Sales and Business Development to close new business for OpenX
- Support Sales teams by authoring responses to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Conduct needs assessments with prospective OpenX clients. Identify all technical integration and deployment issues in the pre-sales stages.
- Work as a consultant to OpenX’s Account Management, Solutions Architects, Product, and Engineering teams for smooth customer integrations and deployment
- Collect and document customer requirements and develop use-cases for the Director of Sales Engineering
- Evangelize the product to existing clients and prospects at field events such as industry trade-shows, training seminars, and private sales events
- Ad tech experience, including video and or mobile app, is strongly desired
- Proficient in presenting and interacting effectively with technical counterparts at clients as well as interfacing with business teams on an ad hoc basis
- Experience working cross-functionally and driving stakeholders to achieve a common goal
- Highly articulate in both written and verbal communications; able to bridge the communication divide between technical and business teams
- Skilled in debugging tools for web and mobile app, such as Charles and Fiddler.
- BS / BA desired but not required in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
- Minimum 5 years of strategic-level experience in Advertising / Marketing technology deployments
- Creative problem solver and solution seeker who could map OpenX technology into the client’s environment
- Self-starter who thrives on innovation and driving ideas to completion
- Effective problem solver
Company At a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor, policy and company management.
Please make sure to disable your ad-blocker should you face issues with submitting your job application.