- New York
- Date Posted
- Nov. 24, 2021
- Business Development
Otrium is a purpose-led business – we see a future where all clothing is worn.
Every year, billions of items are produced globally but are never sold. Clothing goes unworn and often ends up in landfills. This is a huge waste of creative energy, labor, natural resources and investment. Otrium is changing fashion from the inside out: we are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
Our global business
Founded in Amsterdam and headquartered in the cloud, Otrium also has hubs in New York and London. As a digital-first company, we work around the globe and don’t need to limit our HQ to one location or a single hub. We want to ensure our O-team can work in a way that best fits their needs, whether that’s remote-first, hub-first, or hybrid (50/50).
Otrium is also committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of employees with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Here’s to freedom, flexibility, and global inclusivity!
Otrium launched in the US in August 2021. We have big plans for scaling the US and making it one of Otrium’s largest markets by the end of 2022!
Given our explosive growth, we’re seeking a Head of New Business Development to lead the commercial growth of our business with fashion Brands. The successful individual will be a strategic thinker, comfortable with proactive problem solving, and eager to operate in a fast-paced, global sales environment.
You’ll oversee the Business Development function for our supply side partners, from global enterprise suppliers to local hero boutique brands. You will manage and develop a team ensuring successful tracking towards essential pipeline growth and KPIs with a strong focus on getting retail value live on platform. You will combine technical knowledge in e-commerce with fashion, sales, and entrepreneurialism.
- Manage a team of Business Development Managers focused on scaling the US business.
- Lead in identifying new business opportunities for Otrium, working with a range of luxury brands to local heroes, to develop new partnerships on platform.
- Implement processes and best practices to enable the US Business Development team to scale and grow in a customer-centric and high performing manner.
- Define and build selling strategies in conjunction with commercial strategy to ensure the US business is hitting sales goals.
- Oversee the approach to pricing new partnership opportunities and the solutions we take to market.
- Refine the new hire training program.
- Work with our leadership team to provide market feedback and to help shape our product and overall proposition to market.
- Partner cross-functionally to develop go-to-market plans.
- A degree in Business Administration in an accredited university or college, or its equivalent.
- 5 years minimum experience in B2B and SaaS sales.
- 2 or 3 years minimum experience in management or leadership role.
- Proven success in leading a high-performing enterprise sales team within a SaaS / Startup sales environment.
- Successful track record experience achieving sales quotas and accurate forecasting.
- Experienced in managing individual contributors, leading by example, inspiring a team to foster the right behaviors;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to think of and carry out solutions on the spot.
- Exceptional presentation and negotiating skills.
- You are highly proficient in English and additional languages are a plus.
- Passion for technology and Fashion.
- Eager to work in a global company.
Our values: #WearIt
Every member of the O-team uses our values in their everyday working lives. They act as our internal manifesto to help us think about how we act as a collective team, and they link directly to our mission: All clothing should be worn.
- #Wins are celebrated. Next to working together, we celebrate our success together. With every target we make and record we break, we celebrate!
- #Embrace mistakes. Not only do we celebrate our successes, but we also make sure Otrium is a safe space to embrace our challenges and difficulties together.
- #Amaze our customers. You will be part of an enthusiastic and highly ambitious team with a growth and entrepreneurial mindset, ensuring that all clothing is worn by happy customers.
- #Rely on data. As a purpose-led business committed to addressing the issue of unsold inventory, we don’t blindly fall in love with ideas: we listen to what the data tells us and provide input back into the industry.
- #Impact on a global scale. The possibility to learn, grow, and contribute to one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, and soon the US (with your help!).
- #Take ownership. Freedom and responsibility: we believe in ownership, so we will give you full responsibility to make sure you can get the job done.
- Excited about what you’re reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together!
- We look forward to hearing from you!