- Date Posted
- Jun. 9, 2021
- Business Intelligence
Founded and headquartered in Amsterdam, we’re a purpose-led business – we believe all clothing should be worn.
Right now, lots of fashion stays unsold. For the resources that went in and for the people who miss out, it’s such a shame. We’re here to fix this. We are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
We give brands an online outlet channel and digital tools to smartly connect dynamically-priced end-of-season collections with fashion-lovers. Then we give them the data so they can reproduce most-wanted items.
Our app re-imagines outlet shopping helping customers easily find reduced-price gems. We give end-of-season fashion a new start, which is smarter for the wardrobe, smarter for the wallet and smarter for the industry.
About this role
At Otrium, we don’t blindly fall in love with ideas, we listen to what the data tells us. As a BI Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring data-driven decision making at Otrium. You will be a part of the growing Business Intelligence team and work on maintaining & elevating the data warehouse, building big data ETL pipelines, creating dashboards and answering complex questions about our customers and our business.
- You will develop robust end-to-end BI & Analytics solutions according to requirements or proactively to support a variety of stakeholders make data-driven decisions
- You will be the go-to person for all aspects of the DWH (single source of truth) –design, performance, data quality
- You will build and optimize ‘big data’ ETL pipelines, consolidate data relating to the business from disparate sources, collaborate with teams to integrate more data sources
- You will leverage analytics& machine learning to answer complex questions about our customers and our business
- You will create dashboards with actionable insights and identify process improvement opportunities
- You will ensure that company-wide reporting & department-specific reporting is available in a timely manner
- The BI team’s technology stack –Redshift, Spark, Looker, R/Python
Experience, knowledge & skills
- 3+ years of professional experience in a comparable BI Engineer or Data Engineer role
- Profound understanding of databases (relational, column-based, NoSQL), DWH design, SQL querying and optimization
- Experience with big data tools(Hadoop, Spark etc.)and writing code for ETL pipelines
- Experience with object-oriented/functional scripting languages: Python, Scala, etc.
- Working knowledge of scalable BI&A infrastructure, APIs, workflow management tools, message queuing, stream processing, and ‘big data’ data stores.
- Experience in performing complex analyses, statistical techniques and implementing machine learning models in Python/R
- Dash-boarding & storytelling skills (experience in Looker would be an advantage)
- Bonus points for relevant Master’s degree with a strong quantitative orientation (e.g., business, economics, tech, data, econometrics, mathematics, physics);
- Bonus points for relevant industry knowledge (marketing, pricing, strategy, supply chain, etc.)
- You possess strong quantitative & problem solving skills
- You are solutions-oriented, a self-starter and have an eye for detail
- You are a quick learner, motivated and enjoy working with new technologies
- You are able to and enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic and international team environment
- You have excellent communication skills in English (written and verbal)and are able to effectively communicate technical subject matter to technical & business stakeholders
- What it’s like to work at Otrium
- You will be part of an enthusiastic and highly ambitious team with a growth and entrepreneurial mindset;
- The possibility to learn, grow, and contribute to one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, and soon the US (with your help!);
- Freedom and responsibility: we believe in ownership, so we will give you full responsibility to make sure you can get the job done;
- You’ll be working with very talented colleagues - in a different time zone - that know what they are doing as everyone has experience at other amazing fast-growing companies;
- Next to working together, we celebrate our success together. With every target we make and record we break, we celebrate!
- Excited about what you’re reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together! Apply now!
- We look forward to hearing from you!
- Please note: Due to the urgency of this role, we’re currently interviewing only candidates that are already located in The Netherlands.