- Date Posted
- Jun. 9, 2021
- Data Science
Founded and headquartered in Amsterdam, we’re a purpose-led business – we believe all clothing should be worn.
Right now, lots of fashion stays unsold. For the resources that went in and for the people who miss out, it’s such a shame. We’re here to fix this. We are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
We give brands an online outlet channel and digital tools to smartly connect dynamically-priced end-of-season collections with fashion-lovers. Then we give them the data so they can reproduce most-wanted items.
Our app re-imagines outlet shopping helping customers easily find reduced-price gems. We give end-of-season fashion a new start, which is smarter for the wardrobe, smarter for the wallet and smarter for the industry.
About this role
As a Data Analyst at Otrium, you will play a key role in ensuring that every decision at Otrium is driven by data. You will be a part of the growing Business Intelligence team and work on improving the data warehouse, building dashboards and answering complex questions about our customers and our business.
- You will develop robust data analytics solutions according to requirements or proactively to support a variety of stakeholders make data-driven decisions
- You will leverage analytics & machine learning to answer complex questions about our customers and our business
- You will work on projects that span across the entire range of data analytics –descriptive, diagnostic, predictive & prescriptive analytics
- You will identify &resolve technical, performance and data issues with the DWH together with our BI engineers
- You will enhance our reporting platform, create dashboards with actionable insights & provide recommendations to teams
- You will challenge various teams on metrics/KPIs, develop improved metrics and identify process improvement opportunities
- The BI team’s technology stack –Redshift, Spark, Looker, R/Python
Experience, knowledge & skills
- You have successfully completed a relevant Master’s degree with a strong quantitative orientation (e.g., business, economics, tech, data, econometrics, mathematics, physics);
- 1+ years of professional experience in a comparable Data Analyst role•Strong understanding of databases (relational, column-based) & SQL
- You are able to perform complex analyses & present them to business stakeholders
- Experienced in statistical techniques and implementing machine learning models in Python/R
- Dash-boarding & storytelling skills (experience in Looker would be an advantage)•Bonus points for experience with ETL/ELT frameworks
- Bonus points for relevant industry knowledge (marketing, pricing, strategy, supply chain, etc.)
- You possess strong quantitative & problem solving skills
- You are solutions-oriented, a self-starter and have an eye for detail
- You are a quick learner, motivated and enjoy working with new technologies•You are able to and enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic and international team environment
- You have excellent communication skills in English (written and verbal)and are able to effectively communicate technical subject matter to technical & business stakeholders
- You possess an entrepreneurial mindset
- What it’s like to work at Otrium
- You will be part of an enthusiastic and highly ambitious team with a growth and entrepreneurial mindset;
- The possibility to learn, grow, and contribute to one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, and soon the US (with your help!);
- Freedom and responsibility: we believe in ownership, so we will give you full responsibility to make sure you can get the job done;
- You’ll be working with very talented colleagues - in a different time zone - that know what they are doing as everyone has experience at other amazing fast-growing companies;
- Next to working together, we celebrate our success together. With every target we make and record we break, we celebrate!
- Excited about what you’re reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together! Apply now!
- We look forward to hearing from you!
- Please note: Due to the urgency of this role, we’re currently interviewing only candidates that are already located in The Netherlands.