- Date Posted
- Sep. 29, 2021
- Design & UI
About this role
The Lead UX Designer leads the UX team ensuring Otrium’s user experience across native apps and website delights the user and that UX best practices are applied to any new feature or improvement.
Following roadmap priorities, the Lead UX Designer will be responsible, together with her/his team members, for the exploration of key opportunities/challenges, leading brainstorms and discovery sessions and engaging with key stakeholders to frame user/business needs.
The Lead UX Designer will coach her/his team to deliver comprehensive flows and visuals for relevant platforms (web, apps, business tooling interfaces) and will be responsible for reviews to ensure UX deliverables are of highest quality when shared with product managers/stakeholders.
- Define UX northstar for Otrium, defining ways of working, non negotiable best practices
- Recruit, coach and nurture UX talent
- Coach team members by reviewing deliverables and sharing feedback, upskill the team through direct coaching and trainings
- Lead of brainstorm meetings and design workshops
- Establish a strong design culture by collaborating with members of multidisciplinary teams and advocating for users and user-centered design practices
- Juggle multiple priorities and navigate between strategic work and hands-on execution when needed
- Keep up to date with current design methodologies and industry standards
Experience, knowledge & skills
- 3+ years of management of (UX) designers
- 5+ years as UX designer/researcher
- Fluency in working with UX and prototyping tools (e.g. Figma)
- A deep understanding of UX and Agile methods and best practices
- Experience with user research, focus groups moderation
- Knowledge and understanding of key hypothesis-testing methodologies (e.g. user testing, usability testing, AB testing)
- Excellent communication, presentation, facilitation and collaboration skills
- Experience in working in close collaboration with product teams and product leadership
- You are curious: we’re growing at a fast pace and we thrive on continuous improvement. You are eager to learn and expand your horizon;
- You are flexible and resilient: you are excited to see what tomorrow brings and you are able to adapt to new strategies and priorities when needed;
- You make it happen: you are constantly looking for improvement opportunities and you are able to involve the right people to make those improvements a reality;
- You have a strong sense of ownership and you are able to keep your focus on highest-value priorities. You get very proud of each feature your team delivers and you are happy to celebrate successes and learnings with them;
- You are a great communicator: you are able to listen to other teams needs, you ensure transparency and visibility on your roadmap and you value keeping stakeholders informed of progress and milestones.
Founded and headquartered in Amsterdam, we’re a purpose-led business – we believe all clothing should be worn.
Right now, lots of fashion stays unsold. For the resources that went in and for the people who miss out, it’s such a shame. We’re here to fix this. We are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
We give brands an online outlet channel and digital tools to smartly connect dynamically-priced end-of-season collections with fashion-lovers. Then we give them the data so they can reproduce most-wanted items.
Our app re-imagines outlet shopping helping customers easily find reduced-price gems. We give end-of-season fashion a new start, which is smarter for the wardrobe, smarter for the wallet and smarter for the industry.
- What it’s like to work at Otrium
- You will be part of an enthusiastic and highly ambitious team with a growth and entrepreneurial mindset;
- The possibility to learn, grow, and contribute to one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, and soon the US (with your help!);
- Freedom and responsibility: we believe in ownership, so we will give you full responsibility to make sure you can get the job done;
- You’ll be working with very talented colleagues - in a different time zone - that know what they are doing as everyone has experience at other amazing fast-growing companies;
- Next to working together, we celebrate our success together. With every target we make and record we break, we celebrate!
- Excited about what you’re reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together! Apply now!
- We look forward to hearing from you!