- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
- Design & UI
The best thing our engineers love about Otrium is the opportunity to impact the shopping experience of millions of fashion lovers. Developers are involved within the lifetime of the product, not only on the technical side.
We are rebuilding our frontend in React and we do not hesitate to use the newest technologies to build a beautiful product, experienced by millions of fashion lovers every day. Clean, scalable and reliable code from day one, that’s what we are striving for. We are laying the foundations today in view of the future growth of Otrium.
We create a code base all future developers will be able to refer to as ‘beautiful’.
Founded and headquartered in Amsterdam, we’re a purpose-led business – we believe all clothing should be worn.
Right now, lots of fashion stays unsold. For the resources that went in and for the people who miss out, it’s such a shame. We’re here to fix this. We are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
We give brands an online outlet channel and digital tools to smartly connect dynamically-priced end-of-season collections with fashion-lovers. Then we give them the data so they can reproduce most-wanted items.
Our app re-imagines outlet shopping helping customers easily find reduced-price gems. We give end-of-season fashion a new start, which is smarter for the wardrobe, smarter for the wallet and smarter for the industry.
About this role
The fastest-growing company in The Netherlands deserves the strongest tech team, and that’s exactly what we strive to be. Here you will be developing features and services that will directly impact our customers’ experience and speed up the company’s growth. We expect nothing but the best from every developer.
It’s all hands on deck to rebuild the entire frontend in React. No legacy involved, that’s why it’s crucial that we set the right foundation for the future by making the code clean, scalable and properly documented from day one. The Senior Frontend Developer will join one of the scrum teams and take the lead on the frontend for transactions, content, marketing or shopping.
The Senior Frontend Developer will be part of the B2C Engineering Department, building the shopping experience for millions of customers across the world. Our B2C platform is built in PHP and Node.js microservices. The frontend is in process of being rebuilt in React (from currently in use: woocommerce pages). This is what you will be doing:
- Coding : Writing clean, maintainable, optimised, and scalable code.Writing unit and integration tests and collaborating with other engineers in code reviews.
- Delivering on time : Committing and deploying solutions within given time constraints
- Owning : Taking a proactive approach and ownership of the tasks. Monitoring the tasks on production and making sure everything runs smooth and as expected.
- Improving : For any given task trying to understand “the why” and suggesting alternative solutions if needed. Improving the current setup and code to enhance performance.
- Sharing : Having a good, direct and clear communication with your colleagues. Contributing to the culture of feedback to keep learning and preventing issues (code and teamwork) from becoming critical. Attaching careful attention to documentation.
You are an experienced Software Engineer, you know what it takes to deliver a great code and you feel comfortable suggesting improvement to existing features and processes. You have a positive mindset and always think of solutions rather than problems. Thanks to that attitude you create a positive work environment for you and your colleagues. An environment where you deliver a better code every day. Besides that you have:
- You have solid experience with React, NodeJS, HTML & CSS
- Experience in designing and building large scale React applications or applications with similar component-based UI libraries
- Knowledge of unit testing frameworks
- Experience with Scrum/Agile
- Experience with Graphql is a plus
- Experience with Typescript is a plus
- You have a proactive attitude, always trying to make it work while keeping the bigger picture in mind
- Fluent in English
- What it’s like to work at Otrium
- You will be part of an enthusiastic and highly ambitious team with a growth and entrepreneurial mindset;
- The possibility to learn, grow, and contribute to one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, and soon the US (with your help!);
- Freedom and responsibility: we believe in ownership, so we will give you full responsibility to make sure you can get the job done;
- You’ll be working with very talented colleagues - in a different time zone - that know what they are doing as everyone has experience at other amazing fast-growing companies;
- Next to working together, we celebrate our success together. With every target we make and record we break, we celebrate!
- Excited about what you’re reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together! Apply now!
- We look forward to hearing from you!