- Date Posted
- Dec. 8, 2021
- Design & UI
Otrium is a purpose-led business – we see a future where all clothing is worn.
Every year, billions of items are produced globally but are never sold. Clothing goes unworn and often ends up in landfills. This is a huge waste of creative energy, labor, natural resources and investment. Otrium is changing fashion from the inside out: we are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
Our global business
Founded in Amsterdam and headquartered in the cloud, Otrium also has hubs in New York and London. As a digital-first company, we work around the globe and don’t need to limit our HQ to one location or a single hub. We want to ensure our O-team can work in a way that best fits their needs, whether that’s remote-first, hub-first, or hybrid (50/50).
Otrium is also committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of employees with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Here’s to freedom, flexibility, and global inclusivity!
As a Senior Product Designer you will be part of the growing B2C Product team. You will make sure that all user flows are smooth and seamless and the experience of Otrium customers is unforgettable. Because all unsold fashion items deserve to be worn.
About this role
As a Senior Product Designer you will work with the relevant product teams (Product Owner(s), Tech lead(s), developers) to translate business and user needs into flows and visuals.
Following roadmap priorities, you will be responsible for the exploration of key opportunities/challenges for each feature and improvement and you will collaborate closely with the relevant product owner(s) to define North Star and MVP for each initiative.
You will deliver comprehensive flows and visuals for relevant platforms (web, apps, business tooling interfaces) and will be responsible for reviews/amends based on the feedback of the relevant product teams and other stakeholders.
- Design data-driven, user-centric experiences based on customers and business needs, supporting and facilitating the delivery from UX perspective
- Gather information around prioritised features (from stakeholders, user research, benchmarking, etc.)
- Collaborate with Product Owner(s) and stakeholders to translate business goals into product experiences
- Define what the ideal user experience, interactions, and user interface should be for each feature
- Provide user flows, sketches and wireframes, and visual designs for all relevant platforms (web, apps, business tooling interfaces)
- Present, discuss and review proposed UX with relevant product team(s) and support product owner(s) on MVP definition
- Participate in product ceremonies of relevant product teams
Experience, knowledge & skills
- 4+ years of hands on experience in designing and bringing digital products and services to market (or equivalent experience)
- A deep understanding of UX and Agile methods
- Excellent communication, presentation and collaboration skills
- Experience in working in close collaboration with product teams
- Knowledge and understanding of key hypothesis-testing methodologies (e.g. user testing, usability testing, AB testing)
- You are curious: we’re growing at a fast pace and we thrive on continuous improvement. You are eager to learn and expand your horizon;
- You are flexible and resilient: you are excited to see what tomorrow brings and you are able to adapt to new strategies and priorities when needed;
- You make it happen: you are constantly looking for improvement opportunities and you are able to involve the right people to make those improvements a reality;
- You have a strong sense of ownership and you are able to keep your focus on highest-value priorities. You get very proud of each feature your team delivers and you are happy to celebrate successes and learnings with them;
- You are a great communicator: you are able to listen to other teams needs, you ensure transparency and visibility on your roadmap and you value keeping stakeholders informed of progress and milestones.
Our values: #WearIt
Every member of the O-team uses our values in their everyday working lives. They act as our internal manifesto to help us think about how we act as a collective team, and they link directly to our mission: All clothing should be worn.
- #Wins are celebrated. Next to working together, we celebrate our success together. With every target we make and record we break, we celebrate!
- #Embrace mistakes. Not only do we celebrate our successes, but we also make sure Otrium is a safe space to embrace our challenges and difficulties together.
- #Amaze our customers. You will be part of an enthusiastic and highly ambitious team with a growth and entrepreneurial mindset, ensuring that all clothing is worn by happy customers.
- #Rely on data. As a purpose-led business committed to addressing the issue of unsold inventory, we don’t blindly fall in love with ideas: we listen to what the data tells us and provide input back into the industry.
- #Impact on a global scale. The possibility to learn, grow, and contribute to one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, and soon the US (with your help!).
- #Take ownership. Freedom and responsibility: we believe in ownership, so we will give you full responsibility to make sure you can get the job done.
- Excited about what you’re reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together!
- We look forward to hearing from you!