- Date Posted
- Oct. 7, 2021
Being a DevOps Engineer at Otrium means that you’ll be driving the speedy development and release of our software. Millions of visitors will see and use the core product that you’ve helped build, test and maintain, thereby giving them the best shopping experience possible.
About this role
As a DevOps Engineer, you will speed up and automate aspects of the processes of developing, testing and releasing software, allowing for the continuous delivery of software and software updates, whilst working closely with internal and external business stakeholders to achieve our strategic goals
You will be an advocate for continuous improvement across the different areas of the Tech and Product department and you will collaborate with your colleagues from Engineer Platform to make it happen.
You will drive initiatives from start requests till implementation, to then assess results and identify optimization opportunities.
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Ensuring Otrium’s infrastructure is stable, scalable and secure.
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Continuing and enhancing the efficient allocation of resources for all the services
- Making sure that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems related to our infrastructure and developing solutions to overcome those problems
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that developments and deployments are running uninterrupted by infrastructure
- Working on tech debts, presenting new ideas to improve the platform and ideate unique solutions for an ever growing platform
Experience, knowledge and skills
- Bachelor or master degree in Engineering
- Min 5 year experience as DevOps Engineer
- DevOps experience – working on containerisation (Docker/Kubernetes), infrastructure as code (Terraform / CloudFormation), CI/CD (Jenkins/CodeFresh/GitlabCI or TravisCI etc) and automation.
- Must have Kubernetes experience
- Cloud Experience with AWS
- Good with PHP and Node.js
- Good to have the knowledge of NewRelic, Promethius
- Good communication in English is a must
- You have the can do attitude and ability to take initiative
- You are curious: we’re growing at a fast pace and we thrive on continuous improvement. You are eager to learn and expand your horizon.
- You are flexible and resilient: you are excited to see what tomorrow brings and you are able to adapt to new strategies and priorities when needed.
- You make it happen: you are constantly looking for improvement opportunities and you are able to involve the right people to make those improvements a reality.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and you are able to keep your focus on highest-value priorities. You get very proud of each feature your team delivers and you are happy to celebrate successes and learnings with them.
- You are a great communicator: you are able to listen to other teams needs, you ensure transparency and visibility on your roadmap and you value keeping stakeholders informed of progress and milestones
Founded and headquartered in Amsterdam, we’re a purpose-led business – we believe all clothing should be worn.
Right now, lots of fashion stays unsold. For the resources that went in and for the people who miss out, it’s such a shame. We’re here to fix this. We are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
We give brands an online outlet channel and digital tools to smartly connect dynamically-priced end-of-season collections with fashion-lovers. Then we give them the data so they can reproduce most-wanted items.
Our app re-imagines outlet shopping helping customers easily find reduced-price gems. We give end-of-season fashion a new start, which is smarter for the wardrobe, smarter for the wallet and smarter for the industry.
- What it’s like to work at Otrium
- You will be part of an enthusiastic and highly ambitious team with a growth and entrepreneurial mindset;
- The possibility to learn, grow, and contribute to one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, and soon the US (with your help!);
- Freedom and responsibility: we believe in ownership, so we will give you full responsibility to make sure you can get the job done;
- You’ll be working with very talented colleagues - in a different time zone - that know what they are doing as everyone has experience at other amazing fast-growing companies;
- Next to working together, we celebrate our success together. With every target we make and record we break, we celebrate!
- Excited about what you’re reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together! Apply now!
- We look forward to hearing from you!