- Date Posted
- Jun. 30, 2021
The best thing our engineers love about Otrium is the opportunity to impact the shopping experience of millions of fashion lovers. Developers are involved within the lifetime of the product, not only on the technical side.
Stability is a significant factor, but we do not hesitate to experiment and are never shy of building groundbreaking features to change the overall customer experience. We have a future-proof tech stack consisting of the latest technologies and always curious to explore newer ones!
Founded and headquartered in Amsterdam, we’re a purpose-led business – we believe all clothing should be worn.
Right now, lots of fashion stays unsold. For the resources that went in and for the people who miss out, it’s such a shame. We’re here to fix this. We are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
We give brands an online outlet channel and digital tools to smartly connect dynamically-priced end-of-season collections with fashion-lovers. Then we give them the data so they can reproduce most-wanted items.
Our app re-imagines outlet shopping helping customers easily find reduced-price gems. We give end-of-season fashion a new start, which is smarter for the wardrobe, smarter for the wallet and smarter for the industry.
About this role
Lead Architect has the responsibility to oversee the entire infrastructure from setup, maintenance to improvement and designing future roadmap. This involves the following:
- Looking after the entire DevOps Infrastructure of Otrium: taking ownership of all infra related issues and getting them resolved
- Prioritizing issues and tasks for the team, removing blockers and making sure tasks are delivered on time
- Suggesting technical improvements, defining standards, discussing and implementing processes and best practices that will benefit the product and the team
- Documenting important decisions, designs, solutions and actions. Create post-mortems after downtimes and critical problems
- Monitoring infra costs and taking necessary actions to control the expenses
- Collaborating with third party vendors for tech integration and resolving issues
- Ensuring the security of the platform by implementing standard tools
- Team management: coaching and mentoring of current team member, hiring and onboarding of new colleagues
- Relevant and demonstrable experience in DevOps and infra management, minimum 3 years of experience in an Architect role
- Expertise in Docker and Kubernetes
- Good grasp of AWS cloud, managed services, networking, CI/CD pipelines
- Excellent problem solving and architectural skills
- Demonstrable experience with leading and mentoring of the team, solid communication and timely decision making skills
- Strong experience with creating and maintaining monitoring and alerting systems
- Basic knowledge of PHP is a must.
- What it’s like to work at Otrium
- You will be part of an enthusiastic and highly ambitious team with a growth and entrepreneurial mindset;
- The possibility to learn, grow, and contribute to one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, and soon the US (with your help!);
- Freedom and responsibility: we believe in ownership, so we will give you full responsibility to make sure you can get the job done;
- You’ll be working with very talented colleagues - in a different time zone - that know what they are doing as everyone has experience at other amazing fast-growing companies;
- Next to working together, we celebrate our success together. With every target we make and record we break, we celebrate!
- Excited about what you’re reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together! Apply now!
- We look forward to hearing from you!
Maggie Kramar // TA Product & Tech // tel. +31621904651